function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
packguypackguy 

64 Bit Connect for MS Outlook

Is there any info on when support for 64 Bit Windows 7 might be available?  I am stuck with 2 laptops with 64 Bit and now can't use the Outlook pluging.

pratimaarorapratimaarora

Windows 64bit solution would be available in Winter 11 release with our new Outlook Integration product called "Salesforce for Outlook".

Greg BrightGreg Bright

The current documention for Salesforce for Outlook indicates that it too will only be 32 bit.  Is this just a limitation with the pre-release version?

Also, I understand that it will no longer be possible to add email attachments to the SF contact or opportunity.  This is a very serious step backwards that will hamper us.  Why is this utility going away?  How does SF propose we work around this?

pratimaarorapratimaarora

Salesforce for Outlook supports 64 Bit Windos 7 OS, but not Outlook 2010 64 Bit yet.

As this product is new, we don't have feature parity with our old product yet. But, we are working on the attachment support and it will be available in a future release.

u_getitu_getit

I installed the new version using W7.64 and Outlook 2010. Inst and sync works - BUT pay attention, because ALL contacts are synced to SF. Using the older desktop connector (2003) only those contacts with category 'salesforce.com' were synced.

AlexKrenvalkAlexKrenvalk

For me exist only some tools, which I respect. And one day something happened with my outlook messages, I was upset and luckily for me entered the Inet. For luck I discovered there an one tool, it showed me how solve out problem the same as this - pst convert.

GstarkeyGstarkey

CloudsPlus supports Outlook 64 bit and may be a better option because there is no software to install.