function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MemphisJimMemphisJim 

Have we moved any closer to adding Address Book group syncing to SF3?

I would dearly love to deploy this to all the Macs in my company, but being able to sync to specified groups is key. We must keep our Salesforce contacts separate from other contacts. As there are really no tools for syncing Outlook 2011 with SalesForce, our only route is Apple Mail, iCal, and Address Books...if we can get group syncing.

I know SF3 is beta, but it has been in beta for many years, and address book groups were on the wish list 3 to 4 years ago. Is there any glimmer of hope?

SuperfellSuperfell

Given the unknown status of Sync Services (the underlying framework from apple that SF3 is built on) i haven't been spending much time on SF3, but its open source, you don't need to wait for me, go ahead and build add the features you're desperate for yourself. there are lots of good independent cocoa developers around if you don't have an internal cocoa developer.

MemphisJimMemphisJim

I certainly appreciate your frankness about the situation.

DanielJimenezDanielJimenez
I never could really understand why people would want to sync their address books with SalesForce. I think in most cases users would be better served with a simple read only CardDav interface for SalesForce for people to subscribe to in Address Book. That'd make a great AppExchange app actually! Daniel