function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cinov8cinov8 

Inline Editing on a Tab Panel

I am using a tab panel to reorganize an Account page.  The issue is that now users cannot leverage the inline editing functionality within the details page (e.g. click on a field to edit).  Can this be turned on somehow?

<apex:page standardController="Account" showHeader="true" tabStyle="account"> <apex:tabPanel switchType="client" selectedTab="name2" id="theTabPanel"> <apex:tab label="Details" name="AccDetails" id="tabdetails"> <apex:detail relatedList="false" title="true"/> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Contacts" name="Contacts" id="tabContact"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Contacts" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Opportunities" name="Opportunities" id="tabOpp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Opportunities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Projects" name="Projects" id="tabProj"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Projects__r" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Open Activities" name="OpenActivities" id="tabOpenAct"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="OpenActivities" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Activity History" name="ActivityHistory" id="tabActHist"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="ActivityHistories" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Notes and Attachments" name="NotesAndAttachments" id="tabNoteAtt"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="NotesAndAttachments" /> </apex:tab> <apex:tab label="Expenses" name="Expenses" id="tabExp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Expenses__r" /> </apex:tab> </apex:tabPanel> </apex:page>

HarmpieHarmpie
I don't think inline editing works in VF pages currently.
mstev45mstev45

Hi,

Just a quick question, i am new to using visualforce and just experimenting. I discovered the tabbed account code sample and thought id give it a try in my sandbox. The code on has a few standard object tabs/lists mentioned, but i would like to create tabs for custom objects that i have created and linked to accounts. What is the code to add these tabs?

cinov8cinov8
In my original sample I am actually doing just that. Expenses is a custom object I have tied to an Account, so the code I used to reference this custom object as a related list to the account is:

<apex:tab label="Expenses" name="Expenses" id="tabExp"> <apex:relatedList subject="{!account}" list="Expenses__r" /> </apex:tab>

The trick is you need to look at the lookup field to the Account on the custom object and use the child relationship name as your list value. So in this example, the child relationship name was "Expenses"...just append the __r to the end and it should work.