function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DennoPDennoP 

Insufficient privilege on VF user page

I have created a VF page to show part of the 'user' screenThe idea was to allow some none 'Admin' users to update some aspects of user accountsWhen none Admin users attempt to use this new screen they get an error message saying 'Insufficient privilege' and the screen does not display.

Is there anyway to override this constraint and allow users that are have a none admin profile to use my VF page to update user accounts?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
aalbertaalbert

Is this Visualforce page accessible the non-Admin Profiles? You can verify it by going to Setup -> Develop -> Pages -> find the right Page and click on Security.

Additionally, do those Profiles have the appropriate Field Level Security settings on the User object - with respect to the fields you want them to populate through the Page?

All Answers

mtbclimbermtbclimber

Have you granted page level security to these users?

See this thread for more info:

http://community.salesforce.com/sforce/board/message?board.id=Visualforce&message.id=12859#M12859

aalbertaalbert

Is this Visualforce page accessible the non-Admin Profiles? You can verify it by going to Setup -> Develop -> Pages -> find the right Page and click on Security.

Additionally, do those Profiles have the appropriate Field Level Security settings on the User object - with respect to the fields you want them to populate through the Page?

This was selected as the best answer
gv007gv007

Alex and Andrew please look it because last week i got same error in my application and i checked it security and field level security also it is good after oneday it went off i do't know why it is happning ,check some bug is avilable in the platform environment.,

Gopi

DennoPDennoP

Thanks very much.  This was exactly what I had missed.

:smileyhappy: