function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gvgv 

How do I do this?

My requirement is as follows

There will be a button in Account object and when the user clicks on the link a new screen(page) is opened based on a few field values in the account object.

The new page is for a different object(basically different record types  based on the field values in account object)

Should I call a VF page from the button click on the account page to display different values?

TIA

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Will there be a number of different pages to open depending on the values in the object, or will you direct to a single page?

One way to do this is to direct to a VF page with a page action attribute specified.  Then in the page action, you can retrieve the account information, carry out any special logic and return a reference to the appropriate page.

If its more straightforward than that, you could have a simple custom button that opens the required page.

gvgv

Thanks Bob_buzzard for replying. The requirement is based on the record type on the account object, load the custom object with a particular record type when a button is pressed on the account object.

I was thinking of calling a VF page on the button press with different record types> May be I am complicating?