function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CTU007CTU007 

pageblockTable displayed differently in different browser, some borders are missing in blank cell

Hi, pageblockTable is displayed differently in IE & Firefox & others, specifically some borders are missing in some blank cells.

Showing correctly:

How to make it display the border for all cells? i have border="1" in myVF markup.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AnshulVermaAnshulVerma

Hi,

In case any field contains blank then some browsers e.g IE do not render their borders. To do so, add   in each column value of the pageblocktable. So, even if the property is blank it would still insert a space and hence your borders would appear.

- Anshul Verma

All Answers

AnshulVermaAnshulVerma

Hi,

In case any field contains blank then some browsers e.g IE do not render their borders. To do so, add   in each column value of the pageblocktable. So, even if the property is blank it would still insert a space and hence your borders would appear.

- Anshul Verma

This was selected as the best answer
CTU007CTU007

Thanks for the reply.

I tried many times and now it worked:

<apex: column value="{1.abcddd__c}"&nbsp; /> this caused error <apex: column value="{1.abcddd__c}" /> &nbsp; This did not change the display I have to use <apex:column >&nbsp; <apex:facet name="header">Date Achieved</apex:facet> <apex:outputField value="{!l.Date_Achieved__c}" /> </apex:column> or <apex:column headervalue="Retaled stage"> {!l.Stage__c}&nbsp;</apex:column>