function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
EMHDevEMHDev 

Problem with VF page in page detail when called from VF page in Explorer 8 (fine in Firefox)

I have written an application which displays a console-type multi-pane view of accounts, contacts and tasks.  We use a 3rd party application which embeds a VF page into the detail page of accounts and contacts.  My application works beautifully in Firefox and Explorer when I take this VF page out of the detail page layouts, but when it is in the page layouts, the app still works fine in Firefox.  However, in Explorer, it actually causes the display to mess up and display everything in one column, i.e. full width, then says that they are attempting to display a page that requires a salesforce login and goes back to the login page. If I then log in, it displays a blank page with the URL

https://emea.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Integration?eid=0032000000W9PER&sfdc.tabName=01r200000002475&lid=01N200000000Q9G&autoMapValues=1&ic=1

which is the link to contact detail page, containing the embedded VF page in question.

Can anyone advise on this?  I use a <table> with <td> and <tr> tags to create the multi-pane display.

Thanks