function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tgk1tgk1 

Creating a Lookup style VF page

Hey guys-

I could really use some help with a VisualForce page I need to create.  Since Salesforce does not give the standard capability to create new Lookup page layouts (only can modify the columns on the standard layouts), I need to create one that looks and acts like a standard Lookup layout.

The reason why I need to do this is because the Lookup page layout URL will be used in an external application.  The user will search for the Account name, and the search results would display the Account Name, and Account ID (custom field).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Steps :

1) Add a apex:inputTextBox and apex:Image like we have in lookup

2)Onclick of image open Custom lookup VFP use showModalDialog for this , pass the text of TextBox as query parameter

3)Add search button

4)Use window.returnValue to return selected item.

You an start with these steps , ask if any issue comes

tgk1tgk1

Thanks for your reply Shashikant-

Unfortunately I'm not that skilled yet with VisualForce.  I'm just starting out by modifying existing code, if you can assist with the code I would really appreciate it.

The search bar would query the Account Names that are in the system, and the output table would display two columns, the Account Name, and a custom field "Account_ID__c".  I understand if you cannot assist with the code, I appreciate your help anyway.

OdedHarnivOdedHarniv