function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NK123NK123 

Salesforce winter 12 - Visualforce issue/crash - II

Hello Salesforce Gurus,

Previous issue is resolved: http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Visualforce-Development/Salesforce-winter-12-Visualforce-issue-crash/td-p/343229

But, I am now noticing many other issues with the sandbox salesforce system.

Here are few issues:

1. I get the message like "Stack overflow line 7" when I moved to different pages.

2. When I opened my visualforce page and updated a record, then tried to move to home or any other tab or page, I noticed the URL within the browser is not changing to other pages even though the body within the browser showing other areas. Its weird, and I don't know why system is behaving this way.

(this is happening in the IE Browser)

3. After working with few areas within salesforce, I tried to logout, system hangs out and IE doesn't respond at all. I had to kill the IE many times now.

4. I am also getting this error time to time when I am working within salesforce:

Unable to Process Request We apologize for the inconvenience

The salesforce.com servers are temporarily unable to respond to your request. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for your patience, and please try again in a few moments.

Visit http://trust.salesforce.com for current system status and availability.

back 

Please get back to me and I can share more details if needed.

~NK

cwall_sfdccwall_sfdc

Couple issues raises here...

1.) Just to be clear, the "Stack overflow" is happening client-side in the browser?  If so, can you provide more information via a client tool such as Firebug to determine where the client-side exception is occuring?  Di the overlow exception occur when you were editing a Visualforce page in Development Mode?

2.) It does look like there was a service disruption yesterday.  Can you confirm that your instance experience disruption based on this status chart?:

http://trust.salesforce.com/trust/status/

DevNVDevNV

I'm having the same issue as you with a VF page that uses an Action method to redirect the user - if Development Mode is turned on, the URL is not refreshing but with Development Mode turned off, it will refresh.  The same test in Production does not have this issue.  This is happening for me in FF and Chrome.

Would love to see this bug addressed quickly by SF.

NK123NK123

Thanks DevNV for confirming that its happaning at your end as well. Looking forward to the resolution from salesforce for this item.

cwall_sfdc,  regarding the question you raised, I am getting "Stack overflow" in the IE Browser when I am doing development in the Sandbox. Basically when I opened up page or navigate from one to another I get this message. I will try to repeat and see if I can provide more details.
Also what happened to my other two questions cwall_sfdc, please review and address those as well in your response:

(

2. When I opened my visualforce page and updated a record, then tried to move to home or any other tab or page, I noticed the URL within the browser is not changing to other pages even though the body within the browser showing other areas. Its weird, and I don't know why system is behaving this way.

3. After working with few areas within salesforce, I tried to logout, system hangs out and IE doesn't respond at all. I had to kill the IE many times now.

)

~NK

NK123NK123

10-7-2011 {cwall_sfdc or anyother salesforce staff, any response on the above Issues???}

~NK

RARA

NK123, are you still seeing this issue? Additional details will definitely help.

DevNV, are you still seeing this issue on your sandbox environment? production environment?

NK123NK123

These two issues are still happening and as title of this post suggest, its only relates to the Winter12 release of salesforce which is available in the sandbox.

(

)

I think both the issues are somehow related. Once I start working with the visualforce pages by updating a record or moving in and out of these pages, I see the URL of the salesforce always stays with the URL of the Visualforce page and it doesn't change. And after that I tried to logout, system hangs and I have to kill the IE browser. This is happening in the IE (Microsoft Internet browser).
I could have sent the screenshot, but I cannot attach it here.

~NK

DevNVDevNV

The issue of the URL not refreshing when a VF page action method redirects me is still happening.  It was just in the Sandbox Winter12 and was not happening in Production Summer11.  Our Production was upgraded to Winter12 and it is now happening in Production as well.

To reproduce: your user must be in Development Mode.  Then open a VF page whose action method redirects and you will see that the screen is showing the redirected page content however the URL is still showing the VF page URL.  After that, no matter what you click on (tabs, edit, recent items etc) the browser URL does not change although the content does switch to what you clicked on.  In my case, I have a VF page that has a Case statement in the page's action method.  The page is set as the default action for Opportunity Product View.  It either leaves the user on the VF page or redirects them to the standard view page with no override.

<apex:page standardController="OpportunityLineItem" extensions="OppProductView"
    action="{!CASE(OpportunityLineItem.Opportunity.Record_Type_Name__c, 
                'example', null, 
                urlfor($action.OpportunityLineItem.view, OpportunityLineitem.Id, null, true))}">

... Page content here ...

</apex:page>

The current work around is to not be in Development Mode, but when you want to modify the pages on the fly this becomes problematic. 

This did not occur in Summer 11 and before that I've seen.

NK123NK123

Previous Issues documented in this post are still pending issues:

(

)

I also notice just now that when I am working on the Chrome browser, the above problem doesn't occur so this issues seems to be related to the Internet Explorer.

one other issue I notice is that when you try to "delete a row" from the list, system show confirmation message window, this is not happening in the Internet Explorer. This could be very risky I might add, and I think this should be address ASAP because user might delete record by mistake and system will not warn or take confirmation in Internet Explorer Browser. {not sure about this anymore, its working now}

~NK

Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

I am having this issue too.  It's becoming a bit annoying, because i have to keep changing my profile settings to see if the page is working.

- URL not changing when navigating away from a VF page with the Development mode turned on.   This is causing other VF pages to not work properly.

wzhaowzhao

We are looking into the issue of "URL not changing when navigating away from a VF page with the Development mode turned on". Thanks!