function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gslatergslater 

Unable to use PageReference with IF

Basically I want to redirect to standard New page when a certain record type is selected, and a custom VF page when a different record type is selected.  Here's my VF

<apex:page standardController="Award_Nominations__c" action="{!IF(!isPClubAward, pageRedirect, URLFOR('/apex/Pclub_Awards',null,[retURL=RetUrl, RecordType=pRecordType],true))}" extensions="SBS_Award_New_Redirect">
</apex:page>

The URLFOR part works fine, but if I use URLFOR for the standard new page I get the record type selection page twice.  So I thought to add a method that returns a PageReference, pageRedirect:

public PageReference pageRedirect(){

String prefix = Award_Nominations__c.Sobjecttype.getDescribe().getKeyPrefix();
        String param = '&CF00N40000002BitJ='+pAwrName+'&CF00N40000002BitJ_lkid='+pAwrId+'&retUrl='+pretUrl+'&RecordType='+pRecordType;

return new PageReference('/'+prefix+'/e?nooverride=1&'+param);

I've tried pageRedirect, !pageRedirect and {!pageRedirect} in the VF without success.  The error either says:

Unknown Property Award_Nominations__cStandardController.pageRedirect OR

Save error: Syntax error

OR if I change the PageReference to a variable instead of a mehtod with a getter it complains that it receives Text instead of Object.

What's the right way to do this?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
gslatergslater

I solved it by replacing the pageRedirect with a URLFOR which doesn't show the record type selection page twice (instead of the key prefix I originally had the $Action.Award_Nominations__c.new set)

URLFOR('/a4B/e',null,[CF00N40000002BitJ=AwrName,CF00N40000002BitJ_lkid=AwrId,retURL=RetUrl, RecordType=pRecordType],true)