function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vikash TiwaryVikash Tiwary 

Adding Custom console component as sidebar within subtabs

Hi 

I have built custom console Component and included it in Case page layout. This Component opens up in sidebar  as per expectation but only when Case is opened in primary tab, when we open the same in Subtab Console Component do not appear. As a result while Chat is being initiated opened Case as a subtab do not show that console Component.

Here I need to Show Custom Console Component within the Subtabs just like Suggested article.

Any help regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
harsha__charsha__c

Hi Vikas, 

I came to know the solution to be as followed.

Please find the steps below:

1. Go to page layout of respective subtab object

2. Click on Custom Console Component ----> subtab layout ----> add your required page

3. Again come to page layout of respective subtab object ----> layout properties --->  disable " knowledge sidebar " , " interaction log " and " Highlights Panel "

Happy if this helps you

All Answers

harsha__charsha__c

Hi Vikas,

It is a strange behaviour. Even I have experienced it at long back. After that I did not get an alternative for this.

So, Thanks for posting this here and am eager to see the answers from our pals.

harsha__charsha__c

Hi Vikas, 

I came to know the solution to be as followed.

Please find the steps below:

1. Go to page layout of respective subtab object

2. Click on Custom Console Component ----> subtab layout ----> add your required page

3. Again come to page layout of respective subtab object ----> layout properties --->  disable " knowledge sidebar " , " interaction log " and " Highlights Panel "

Happy if this helps you

This was selected as the best answer
Ramssf70Ramssf70
Hi Vikas,
can we migrate custom console componets associated with case page layout from sandbox to sandbox with same configuration mean same width and height associated with the source organisation? or Do we need to create manually in destiantion organisation?

Regards
Ramakrisna