function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AtharAthar 

Return Value from Controller to VF page

I have written a controller. It's main task is to fetch current user's email info, then query using that email to extract some data from a custom object. 

for example : 

if current user's email is abc@xyz.com. it will extract some info from custom object A  where some field = "abc@xyz.com"

then it returns the value to VF page . Thats what i am trying to show when a User is logging in(from SiteLogin page).

The visualforce page is working fine and showing exact Current user related values when i am viewing it on developer mode[........./apex / myVFpage ]. But when i am trying to access the page by logging in from siteLogin page some how its not showing the values. Though its showing all other fields which i am directly accessing from the VF page. But its not showing the values that i am returning from controller. I tried debug log, but somehow its not executing the controller code when i am accessing it as portalUser logging in from SiteLogin Page.

Thanx in advance

Pradeep_NavatarPradeep_Navatar

Keep in mind that in developer mode, it uses system admin profile but in site mode profile is different. There may be a permission issue. Check CRUD and FLS for the object being used.

AtharAthar

Hai,

first i also thought abt that , but the object , VF page and the contoller all are available to that USER profile from where i am logging into .. dont know whats going wrong..

anybody written any controller based VF page which is working fine when the page is accessed via login page??? just want to make sure the mistake is on my end... 

thanx in advance..

hgarghgarg

Can you post your action function(page) and action method(controller method) ,  i think I can help you.