function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
softectonicsoftectonic 

Records Sharing between Portal Users

Hello,

I have a Custom Object called Tools that has a Master-Detail (not Lookup) relationship to an Account. This Object will be attached to Partner Portal Accounts. I need to share the attached object to all portal users on this account as well as selected individuals/portal users on other partner accounts.

For example, internal users Bob might own Account A and internal user John might own Account B. Portals users on A need to share Tools with portal users on A and selected portal users on B. How can these use cases be implemented?

Thanks in advance!

IspitaIspita

Hi softtectonic,

Are you using standard page in portal to display your data? 

If no then in case you are using custom VF pages are you using the standard controller in case of account as I am afraid in account the security settings for portal are such that one can see only one own data , so that will extend to the tools child object too. 

In order to tide over this issue use of transient variable in you controller is advisable.

softectonicsoftectonic

Hi Ispita,

Thank you for your reply. I'm using custom VF pages and controllers. I'm not sure how to implement record sharing between two partner portal accounts with transient variable can you provide specific examples?

Thanks,

Softectonic

Avinash KaltariAvinash Kaltari

Hi..

Appending  the "with sharing" phrase to the controller definition might help.
i.e. public with sharing class Controller_Name { ..... }