function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anyioneta1.3025054394678596E12anyioneta1.3025054394678596E12 

Editing the Profile of a User from Custom Portal User to Manager

CASE

=====

I have developed a HR application for recruiting staff into my organization, I want applicants to apply for a manager position, but before applicants can have access to my site and apply for this position, they would have to be authenticated.

Hence I have assosiated a portal with my site to invite public users into an authenticated environment in order to track the personal information about all applicants that apply for this position. 

Note: once a user authenticates on my site, he automatically becomes a user with Applicant Manager Position Profile  (which is a clone of the Customer Portal Manager Profile)

CHALLENGE

===========
After I have considered qualifications of all the applicants that visited my site and applied for the Managers position in my org and make my selection based on the person that is most qualified fot the managers position.

I have to change the profile of the newly appointed manager from Applicant Manager Position Profile to MANAGER profile.

When I go to Setup -->Administration Setup --> Manager Users --> Users

I Click Edit on that particular User, I observe that the profile field does not giving me the option of changine the profile from the Applicant Manager Position Profile to MANAGER Profile.

Pls who can advise me on how to go about this???