function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WarrenWarren 

Joomla integration

Does anyone know anything about the forthcoming integration between Joomla and SalesForce being designed by Picnet?

I have tried to contact them with regards to the tool, but have heard nothing yet.

Regards,
Warren
fifedogfifedog
First I've heard of this... what integrations would they be thinking of. I use Joomla for my personal home page.
WarrenWarren
I think they are looking at dynamically created web2lead forms as well as sign on to joomla sites through the Apex API.
VIKTORVIKTOR
Right now everybody is waiting for Joomla to release there latest version 1.5 (Beta since a few months) which was developed right from scratch.
LimeBridgeLimeBridge
While we are waiting for the PICNET J!Salesforce, can anyone shed some light of how I can put the Web2Lead form into a Joomla content item to pass leads through to Salesforce ?

I'm running Joomla 1.0.11 and use TinyMCE as the WYSIWYG HTML editor.

I've tried pasting the HTML form code generated by salesforce into the native HTML editor in TinyMCE however when save, all the form elements disappear leaving just the field titles

Has anyone solved this problem

Looking forward to the PICNET component :-)

Paul 

diegartediegarte

Hi everyone,   

Paul , I think I have an interresting alternative solution for you and your Joomla web-to-lead form integration.

Instead of using the default web-to-lead function of Salesforce (i.e.creates an html webform via Salesforce and then try to integrate it into your website, or your Joomla CMS), what would you say of thinking the whole process in just the opposite way.

FormVester is a free application (available on the AppExchange directory) that lets you generate leads into Salesforce.com from any of your existing online forms.

No matter how complex your webforms are or if your wefbforms are part of your joomla or anyother CMS website, FormVester will recognise any forms, and capture all the information filled in by a visitor and generate it as a new lead into Salesforce.

No need then to integrate the Webform generated by salesforce into your website, just use your own existing ones without any restriction! Plus you also get precise webforms performance analytics to help you optimize your forms.

The installation is extremely easy, and you will enjoy great flexibility and features that will surely leverage your web-to-lead efforts!

I hope my advice would benefit everyone willing to simplify their web-to-lead at no cost.

SchlinkdogSchlinkdog
Hey there, hopefully you've solved the problem by now...

All you have to do is temporarily turn off the WYSIWYG editor so that you are pasting the plain text into Joomla. That way the editor doesn't try to reformat what you've entered...

Best of luck,
Jon
smilixsmilix
Well, I assume this interface between Salesforce.com and Joomla! is planned for synchronisation of Salesforce.com contacts and Joomla! users.

A prospect of mine has a Website based on Joomla where they manage their club members with the "Community Builder". In Salesforce.com they plan to report on both club members and prospects.

With this interface they could generate new members in Salesforce.com and insert them into Joomla. In Joomla the members then have a login and can use some Joomla features.

I think the interface developed by Picnet is not targeting to web2lead functionality.

Let's hope Picnet is finishing soon...

Message Edited by smilix on 11-09-2007 03:18 AM

EvgeniaEvgenia

smilix wrote:
Well, I assume this interface between Salesforce.com and Joomla! is planned for synchronisation of Salesforce.com contacts and Joomla! users.

A prospect of mine has a Website based on Joomla where they manage their club members with the "Community Builder". In Salesforce.com they plan to report on both club members and prospects.

With this interface they could generate new members in Salesforce.com and insert them into Joomla. In Joomla the members then have a login and can use some Joomla features.

I think the interface developed by Picnet is not targeting to web2lead functionality.

Which interface did you mean by "this interface"?
SchlinkdogSchlinkdog

Which interface did you mean by "this interface"?

They meant to say "with these two applications interfacing"
GonnaBeGonnaBe

smilix wrote:

I am currently in the midst of finishing a PHP/AJAX/JAVA/CSS/HTML form that does the validation of the Web2Lead form prior to submitting it to SalesForce.com through the POST Action URL.

See More Here (Make SURE to Use Your Own OID and Field Value ID's and Name's)

So that answers the problem of the Web2Lead form, my concern now is that I would like to connect our Members In SalesForce.com with their accounts in Joomla.

So far I am looking at the Visual Mapping technology of Boomi on Demand that will connect my MySQL database to the SalesForce Database.
http://www.boomi.com/

What I plan to do is to create a matching "Sales Force ID" with all members in my Joomla Database before I make the connection together.

The issue I am running into now is what about every new member that is created in SalesForce.com and how to get that profile automatically created and matched in Joomla.  You see, the Joomla side will have non-Members as well as Members.  I would like SalesForce.com to recognize the difference.

Ideas?

LillianVIALillianVIA

My organization is looking to have our Joomla site re-installed and we are considering Picnet as one of our options. Does anyone have experience working with Picnet and what has been your experience? Thanks!

Lillian

CharlyGCharlyG

Hi Lilian,

I havent worked with PicNet before, but have a look at http://www.learnjoomla.co.za/ - these guys are fantastic, and because they are offshore they are cheaper too :-)

Regards

Charly

cozimekcozimek

Hi folks,

I'm pleased to share that J!Salesforce, the Joomla and Salesforce.com connector, is now available!  Well, it's actually been available for some time now, but we've been a bit behind the curve in spreading the word about it.  To help folks better understand how it works, we've put together a few videos that show off the integration's top features at http://www.picnet.net/products/jsalesforce.

J!Salesforce is available stand-alone as well as part of our Soapbox service for both non-profit organizations and for-profit companies.

Let us know of any ideas or use cases you have for a Joomla-Salesforce integration, and we'll consider adding it to future versions of the software.

Cheers,

Ryan

CloudAllyCloudAlly

For those poeple interested in a Joomla-to-lead application. You can now easily configure your contact forms inside of Joomla to link directly with Salesforce Accounts. J!Web-to-Lead provides everything you need to get leads easily into Salesforce without having to know any programming or advanced Joomla features. All you do is install, configure, and place the module into your site.

CLICK THE LINK BELOW

http://softwareallies.com/index.php/jweb-to-lead

Be sure to scroll down and click view more and you can download the application for free. We are in the process of posting this application on the app exchange.

Kyle Merryman

Softwareallies.com

888-890-3670

Fasihur RahmanFasihur Rahman
Hello, Warren!
Hope you are doing great!

I would be glad to inform you that Salesforce-Joomla Virtuemart connector " eShopSync for Joomla Virtuemart " : https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000ETGyTUAX is now available and ready to fullfil your business needs.
It is the next generation application revamping the features of ecommerce and CRM platform.

Features:
> Can sync the catalog, product, customer, and order data.
> Realtime order and customer data sync with salesforce when buyer checkout the product from eCommerce site
> Manual synchronization of Salesforce orders and products to Joomla Virtuemart.
> Salesforce 1 supported. Also supports the concept of Multi store. Well integrated with Joomla Virtuemart Multivendor.
> During runtime a Contact will be generated as Lead via Contact form at Frontend .
> Backend feature consists of Global settings, User field page, Product, Category, Orders and Synchronization .

The idea behind the concept is to increase data integrity, maintain proper inventory of stock, real time order generation, provide a brilliant customer care services and much more.

Link for AppExchange : https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3A00000ETGyTUAX
Link for Configuration Steps : http://webkul.com/blog/joomla-virtuemart-salesforce-connector/
Link for Webkul Store : https://store.webkul.com/Joomla-Virtuemart-Salesforce-Connector.html

Feel free to discuss with me on +1-914352-1614 or mail me at support@webkul.com. I would be glad to help you further.

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Regards,
Fasihur Rahman
Salesforce Consultant
Webkul Software Pvt. Ltd.
Skype ID : Webkul.salesforce