function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kate StarostinaKate Starostina 

Advice regarding developing a template

Our company is using Salesforce and we just purchased a CPQ app and are currently doing the implementation.  The default template for the quote proposal in the app will not work for us, so we will need one custom built.  Our template is 3-4 pages with the information in the body coming from the quote information - account, rep, customer price, options selected etc.  The company we chose for the app will write us a template for $250/hr and have estimated it will take at least 16 hours, between the development and testing etc.  Skills required are visualforce and APEX.  Another option will be to hire someone either from the job boards here or elance or similar.  Hourly rates range from $10 (Indian or Pakistani) and up to $150 for a US developer.  I think my boss will have a coronary if I tell him it will cost $250/hr for 16 hours worth of work.  He is under the impression that these things should come free with the app purchase.  Anyone here have experience with outside developers?  The company specifically said that we can either use them or an outside person to write the template.  Any other advice?  I need to present some options to my boss.  TIA.
Balaji Chowdary GarapatiBalaji Chowdary Garapati
Please reach me @ garapatibalajichowdary@gmail.com or bgarapati@infoyuga.com to discuss more on your requirement! 

Thanks,
Balaji C Garapati