function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kate StarostinaKate Starostina 

Suggestions for a way to create a request form

We have demo equipment for which a request needs to be put in to use it.  There is a short form to fill out, mostly yes no questions with some free form and then submit for approval.  The person doing the request doesn't need to select the particular demo equipment, just the type and then the admin will assign the serial number in a separate process.  Ideally, I would like there to be a button on the opportunity that says "submit demo request" which will then take you to a custom object which will have all of the fields necessary to fill out and a "submit for approval" button.  Is this difficult to do?  I don't know code.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard
If you just want a simple form to capture information, can't you achieve this through a custom object that has a lookup or master-detail to opportunity?  Salesforce will give you the UI to capture the details of the object, and as long as you have added the approval history related list there will be a submit for approval button added automatically.
Yossi SabachYossi Sabach
Hi Kate,
I have the same request and i wonder if you can share what you have finally done.
thnaks,