function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eran VizelEran Vizel 

Trigger on OpportunityTeamMember

Hi,

It is possible to create a trigger on OpportunityTeamMember objecy. However, I want to automate creation of coresponding Opportunity Splits on creation of OpportunityTeamMember. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the event in which an opportunity is created or updated with a new owner, and therefore a new OpportunityTeamMember is created for the new owner and all his default opportunity team (if exist) automatically, is not an action recognized as INSERT of OpportunityTeamMember, therefore does not fire the insert trigger.

Is this correct?

Thank you,
Eran
Gajanan D BhadGajanan D Bhad
Hi Eran,

OpportunityTeamMember we need to create manually according to standard process. It is not dependant on opporunity owner.

And we can write trigger on OpportunityTeamMember and update related opportunity.

Please clearify your requirement.

Thanks,
Gajanan
Eran VizelEran Vizel
Hi,

OpportunityTeamMembers can get created automatically with the out-of-box functionality. Opportunity owner gets a member automatically when the opp is created or assigned to him, and if he has a corresponding default opp team, those records get created as well.
My question was - this automatic creation does NOT seem to trigger an insert trigger on OpportunityTeamMember. Is that correct?

Thank you
Yanick Nantchouang 6Yanick Nantchouang 6
Hi Eran,

Where you success at automating Opportunity Splits based on data entered on your Opportunity Team?

Working on opportunity Splits and need to achieve the same goal. Have you figure this one out. I get an error message suggesting that the total splits does not add up to a 100%.

Thanks,
YAnick