function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott WalkerScott Walker 

Can I somehow get Salersforce to link to a Model 204 database?

Hi there

I am relatively new to the development side of Salesforce.  I work in a middle school in NYC and the common database used is called ATS and is built on a Model 204 database system.  it is very very old and looks just like DOS.  I am now using Salesforce and built out (with limited knowledge) systems but we still have to keep this Model 204 database updated and its used to update Salesforce.  is there anyway to link the two somehow does anyone think?
kaustav goswamikaustav goswami
I am not aware of the integration and data serving capabilities of the database you are using. However, I think you can bring in the data from that database or update data from that database by using data loader.

So what you can do is - run a scheduled job to extract a .csv file from the database and place it on a path on your server. Then you can use the capabilities of data loader to run daily at a scheduled time - then readthe file and update information in salesforce.

This would ensure you do not have to repeat any manual steps.

More help on this can be found here - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.dataLoader.meta/dataLoader/

If there is any other client on this databae that can call servoces in salesforce either in xml or json format then you can take a look at those options too. But as it is only a data integration I think data loader should do the trick.

Thanks,
Kaustav