function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay BirsinghVijay Birsingh 

Workflow IF without any else

Hello,

This is my Workflow rule formula
IF(
   AND(Name = 'Tara',Account.ID = AccountId),SUBSTITUTE(TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT( AccountOpportunity__c ), TEXT(Account.AccountOpportunity__c )),"NULL")

I have my IF condition, but I do not want to have any else part, how can I achieve this?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

Best Answer chosen by Vijay Birsingh
Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma
In workflow rule the the Rule Criteria only has the condition, so if condition gets satis field it triggers the workflow rule else it by does not. So having IF in workflow rule Rule Criteria is not of any use. You should only use the Condition part of IF statement in the Rule Criteria. If you want to perform any action when condition is satisfied then you should use Workflow Actions

1. Field Update - Update Fields on the record
2. Email Alert - Send email notifications 
3. Task Create - Create Task records 
4. Outbound Messages - Make callout to external system

Thanks
Shashikant

All Answers

In workflow rule the the Rule Criteria only has the condition, so if condition gets satis field it triggers the workflow rule else it by does not. So having IF in workflow rule Rule Criteria is not of any use. You should only use the Condition part of IF statement in the Rule Criteria. If you want to perform any action when condition is satisfied then you should use Workflow Actions

1. Field Update - Update Fields on the record
2. Email Alert - Send email notifications 
3. Task Create - Create Task records 
4. Outbound Messages - Make callout to external system

Thanks
Shashikant
This was selected as the best answer

Hello,

I thank you for your answer. i got a better understanding of the way workflows work. I have another question: it is possible to use a picklist to update another picklist through the use of workflows?

Regards,
Vijay.

Hi Vijay,

By wrkflow you could not update a field from another field. For this you have to write a trigger. 

Please accept the answer if it helped you so the others having same issue could benifit from it.

Thanks
Shashikant

Hello,
            So, apart from the 3 choices of values of the picklist,there are no other ways of proceeding with the update of a picklist from another picklist.

Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards,
Vijay.

Yes thats correct that you have to develop a trigger for picklist to picklist mapping.