function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
madhumadhu 

Approval process

Hi,
In an object every record goes for approval steps and there are 2 approval steps. 1st approver(BU manager) and 2nd approver (national manager). 

And the question is if 1st approver(BU manager) is same sa national manager then it must not go to 2nd approver. No had code values please. Please let me know how to achieve this. All national manager have same profile
IPFramptonIPFrampton
I would have 2 approval processes, with the second one having criteria to say that if 1st Approver == 2nd Approver then approve
AB TestAB Test
Hi Madhu,

How is the Approver selection done ?
1. If you put the approver selection on the object level with the help of custom lookup fields to Users (2 lookups to User object).
In this case you can restrict the user to not enter the second user if first user is national manager using Validation rule. 
2. If it is automatically selected by user then it is difficult to tweak the current salesforce standard approval process.
madhumadhu
HI AB & Frampton,

Thanks for your reply. I just found the answer. In the 2nd approver i just have a condition that $user profile name!= national manager profile

Thanks again for your suggestions.