function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Andreas GerogiannisAndreas Gerogiannis 

Extract to Xls VS Extract to screen - Weird result using Visualforce

User-added image
Hello,

I have created a visualforce page and a class and these are two different <apex:page> command that I am testing. One is for just displaying the page and one to extract to xls. Now when it creates the xls, everything looks ok. When it displays on a page then in the beggining I see all those dots that I am not sure where they are coming from. Any ideas?

PS. I am using <<apex:dataList> on the visualforce due to complex SQL on the class.
Best Answer chosen by Andreas Gerogiannis
William TranWilliam Tran
Andreas,

Try Apex:repeat again instead of Apex:datalist (everything else stay the same just replace datalist with repeat)

That should remove the dot dot dot....

Thanks

All Answers

William TranWilliam Tran
Can you post the code.

Thx
User-added image

User-added image
William TranWilliam Tran
What the's code outside the repeat loop?

Anyway, Where is the whole Apex:datalist section rendered?
It looks the OutputText  may be causing it -> try removing the whole Apex:datalist section and see what is rendered.

As a common practice, if your question is answered, please choose 1 best answer. 
But you can give every answer a thumb up if that answer is helpful to you. 

Thanks
Well, if I remove it .. everything is ok. But I need it. Because it adds the schedules of the opportunities. What makes me wonder is why on excel extraction, everything works perfectly?
is there any way to work with dot notation and display fields from the list without using Apex:datalist?
William TranWilliam Tran
Can you show me what it looks like in Excel?

Thx
Thats hos its comes out. Without extra empty line on top!
User-added image
William TranWilliam Tran
Andreas,

Try Apex:repeat again instead of Apex:datalist (everything else stay the same just replace datalist with repeat)

That should remove the dot dot dot....

Thanks
This was selected as the best answer
Thanks William, worked fine. Although I still cant understand why those dots were there. Really appreciate ...
May I ask something more about it? I have created a datatable on jquery/datatables and try to reference those fields. But the dot notation I have used doesnt work for Schedule__r.Quantity__c. What is my mistake? All the other fields are pulled perfectly.

User-added image
and before you mention it ... it's not workign with 
Schedules__r.Quantity__c  ... I have tried it with/without "s" on Schedule