function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PriyarajPriyaraj 

encrypted field 'Name' cannot be filtered in a query call

Buddies,

I am in learning mode and novice to SFDC. I encrypted the Name field in contact using Platform Encryption and tested it. After testing it, I removed the encryption but seems the residue is still there. When I query the contact object with Name field in where clause, I am getting the error 'encrypted field 'MailingPostalCode' cannot be filtered in a query call'. I am not able to overcome it. Am I missing something here?

PR

Best Answer chosen by Priyaraj
Lars NielsenLars Nielsen
No, I don't think you are missing something. I've seen this in my dev org before when I was also "exploring the feature". Granted mine was on a custom field but I filed a support ticket and they flipped a bit behind the scenes and fixed it. 

All Answers

Lars NielsenLars Nielsen
No, I don't think you are missing something. I've seen this in my dev org before when I was also "exploring the feature". Granted mine was on a custom field but I filed a support ticket and they flipped a bit behind the scenes and fixed it. 
This was selected as the best answer
PriyarajPriyaraj
Will salesforce supports the dev org issues? Can I also raise a ticket to fix it?
Is that means, if this happens in a real sandbox/production org, we need to go for support?

Regards,
PR
Lars NielsenLars Nielsen
Typically they DO NOT support dev orgs. I would raise the case anyway because this is more of a potential platform bug (unless they specifiy in the docs you cannot switch back and I missed it). Granted - it may be low on their radar but the sooner they hear about it the better as it could affect other people.
PriyarajPriyaraj
Thanks Lars for your experience answer. I figured a workaround to overcome the issue. Created a new developer edition and associate it with my dev org. It worked & able to proceed further without heart-attacks ;)

Cheers PR
Lars NielsenLars Nielsen
Way cool! Glad to hear it man. Have a great weekend.

--Lars
Naresh Gunda 7Naresh Gunda 7
you mean, you created a new sandbox to overcome this ?