function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vijay BirsinghVijay Birsingh 

A way to stop a time-based workflow and let another time-based workflow to operate

Hello all,
                            I have a time-based workflow which changes the name of the Opportunity to "Cancelled Opp" if the close date is on 12th February. I have another workflow that changes the name to the same too, but if the close date is on the 19th February, that the Opportunity Amount is less than or equal to 50000 and that the expected revenue is less than or equal to 25000. 
                             I want to cancel the first workflow if the second one is triggered. Can I, please, know how do I do this?

I thank you.

Regards,
Vijay.

R Z KhanR Z Khan
Hi Vijay,

Why not combine the logic into 1 workflow. So it would change the name if close date is on Feb 12 OR (Feb 19 AND amount < 50000)
R Z KhanR Z Khan
If you can't do that. You could also change the logic of your first workflow to run if date is Feb 12 AND Name != 'Cancelled Opp'
Parker EdelmannParker Edelmann
Hi Vijay,
What you could do is use Process Builder to take the place of your workflows. For the first row, set it to do everything your 2nd workflow does, and If the record doesn't match the criteria, go to the second row and set it to accomplish what your 1st workflow did.  But regardless of the order of the criteria, only one action will fire in the first place, eliminating the need to cancel the other action, because it won't even fire in the first place. Hope this helps.