function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud 

how do you take something that you built in sandbox and put it into action on your org?

I made something is sandbox that i would like to use except for I want it in a different place. how do I do this?

Best Answer chosen by Zigi Medrud
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Zigi,

If you implements a particular component in the Sandbox and migrate into another environment then use the change set and deploy your changes from one environment to another.

Regards,
Mahesh

All Answers

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Zigi,

Didn't understand your question, if you can explain a bit more clearly then can able to help you.

Regards,
Mahesh
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
Hi, 
I am trying to build it again in the regular org instead of sandbox. so now I need to make a page layout for the custom object I created. I am stuck. Where do I go from here?

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Zigi,

If you implements a particular component in the Sandbox and migrate into another environment then use the change set and deploy your changes from one environment to another.

Regards,
Mahesh
This was selected as the best answer
Naval Sharma4Naval Sharma4
Hi Zigi,

If you need to know about migrating things between two orgs then I would recommend you to check the trailhead and here is the link.
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/alm_deployment/alm_tools
https://developer.salesforce.com/trailhead/en/alm_deployment/alm_migrate
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
I was trying to read that and dont understand, It says that I cant have that object already in my org. to do the change set. I don't know if I even read that right
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
now that I am already back in my org I started again to make the tab (object) It is under the sales app. and the tab when I click on it is basically empty so I need to fill it with fields for use. how do I get to that point?

Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Zigi,

First you need to implement at least in one environment so that you can able to migrate the same to another environment.

For example, if you have 2 environments like SB1 and SB2.

--> Once you are done implementing in SB1, go to Outbound Change Set
--> Create a Out bound Change Set
--> Starting adding all your components along with Profiles.
--> Upload into Destination (SB2) environment.

Now Login into SB2, Setup --> Inbound Change set
--> Click on the Change set which we upload.
--> Click on the Validate Change Set
--> Click on the Deploy.

Regards,
Mahesh
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
I have not time to switch it over. I do not understand this. I am praying that what I am doing will work. I am making fields and putting them on a page layout and hoping that I can get the sales reps to use it to fill out like a form. I have not been able to learn what a change set even is yet. Sometimes the terms are so foriegn to me. Thank you for trying to help me. I really hope I can understand all of it someday soon. but I feel technically challaged already. I am not even sure that I understand how the basics work. I think an object was a tab and that the pages in that tab are views. and I can change the fields in each view to represent a new page or (form) that I am making. I am hoping I am not wrong. 
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
are components same as fields?
does change set just mean to change the set of fields to a different org?

Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
that first video, I was not able to follow. way too fast for me. I cannot learn like that. I will look at the other links
Zigi MedrudZigi Medrud
I understand that the change set is referring to the sandbox page made. It is being changed to a production org. I got lost at apex. I have no clue what that is. I am not technical. I will go back to the beginning of learning the system at some point, but for now I just have to get these things in there.