function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vishal RanjanVishal Ranjan 

Creating Multiple object Using Metadata Api in single web service call.

Hi,
I have to create Multiple objects in single web service call. I am using Metadata Api to create objects in salesforce.
Is it possible to create multiple object in single web service call ? If it is possible then please guide me, How I can create it.
Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi Vishal,

You can refer below mentioned URL for achieving this functionality:

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F00000008z8gIAA
Vishal RanjanVishal Ranjan
Hi Pankaj.
Firstly thank you for your response!
I saw that post shared by you and the code shared by @Mr. Andy Fawcett is below. you can see when he is calling web service he is passing data for only one object.
and I somewhere read, in apex we can call webservice 10 times only in one execution, means we can create maximum 10 objects using this code. I have to create more than 10 in one execution then what will be the solution ?

MetadataService.CustomObject customObject = new MetadataService.CustomObject();
customObject.fullName = 'Test__c';
customObject.label = 'Test';
customObject.pluralLabel = 'Tests';
customObject.nameField = new MetadataService.CustomField();
customObject.nameField.type_x = 'Text';
customObject.nameField.label = 'Test Record';
customObject.deploymentStatus = 'Deployed';
customObject.sharingModel = 'ReadWrite';
MetadataService.AsyncResult[] results = service.create(new List<MetadataService.Metadata> { customObject });

Pankaj_GanwaniPankaj_Ganwani
Hi Vishal,

If you have to create more than 10 objects, then you will have to make the transaction asynchronous by utilising the concept of future methods or batch process. Use @future(callout=true) annotation for future method. You can refer below mentioned post for implemeting the future method:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_invoking_future_methods.htm

Thanks,
Pankaj