function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
leluttrellleluttrell 

Verifying Your Identity in Sandbox

Hi all. A sandbox was created within my company before I started working here. The person who made it is no longer with the company. My boss refreshed the sandbox, so now I am able to login but it wants me to verify my identity. I'm not sure what email address the verification code is going to since I can't enter my real email address when logging into sandbox. Any suggestions on this? 
Best Answer chosen by leluttrell
Swayam@SalesforceGuySwayam@SalesforceGuy
Hi,

You have to ask your boss to Login the Sandbox from inside production, and then  search for your user name and change the email id to your current email id so that you cna get it verification code in your inbox.

Also once this done , you can setup new Salesforce Autheticator using this link 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_2fa_config.htm&language=en_US

Hope this helps !!

--
Thanks,
Swayam

All Answers

Swayam@SalesforceGuySwayam@SalesforceGuy
Hi,

You have to ask your boss to Login the Sandbox from inside production, and then  search for your user name and change the email id to your current email id so that you cna get it verification code in your inbox.

Also once this done , you can setup new Salesforce Autheticator using this link 

https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=security_2fa_config.htm&language=en_US

Hope this helps !!

--
Thanks,
Swayam

This was selected as the best answer
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Lori,

Whenever we refresh the Sandbox, the email will be changed, please ask your boss (who refreshed the sandbox) to change your email addess so that the varification code will send it to your right email address.

Please do let me know if it helps you.

Regards,
Mahesh
Mahesh DMahesh D
Hi Lori,

Is the issue resolved, if yes then can you mark it as a solved by selecting the best answer so that it will be helpful for others in the future.

Regards,
Mahesh
Shane DoschShane Dosch
Manesh - This suggestion does not help, as we refresh our sandbox on a regular basis and asking our admins to reset email passwords is not an acceptable solution.  They have better things to do.  We need a different solution.
Dave Leach (Sporcle)Dave Leach (Sporcle)
Old thread, but it's one of the first hits on Google when looking for a solution. I was stuck with the same problem: in a sandbox, email addresses are mangled so that real users don't receive messages while code is in development. Unfortunately, Salesforce uses that mangled address when sending the account activation email, so the developer will never receive it.

The way to avoid this is to set and verify the users's mobile number (https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000199287&type=1) in the main Salesforce org (i.e. the org from which the sandbox is created). If there's a valid mobile number, Salesforce will use SMS for verification instead of email. It appears that, if Salesforce has tried at least once to verify the user via email, it won't give up on email and use SMS even if a phone number is available. It's therefore important to set the user's mobile number before their first login to the sandbox.