function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shobha JamesShobha James 

Is certification mandatory for applying jobs in salesforce?

i am a developer beginner and i heard Dev401 is no longer available.Which is the basic certification for a developer beginner?
Is certification mandatory for applying jobs in salesforce? 
thnx,
shobha
Best Answer chosen by Shobha James
AshlekhAshlekh
Hi Shobha,

Certification for any technology is not important but if you do any certificaion than it just add or shine your resume and make a perception for other person that you have good knowledge of that technology.

Yes now a days company perfer those condinates which have done some certificaiton and shortlisted on those.

Now 401 is not available but Platform 1 certificaion is there.

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera 

All Answers

AshlekhAshlekh
Hi Shobha,

Certification for any technology is not important but if you do any certificaion than it just add or shine your resume and make a perception for other person that you have good knowledge of that technology.

Yes now a days company perfer those condinates which have done some certificaiton and shortlisted on those.

Now 401 is not available but Platform 1 certificaion is there.

-Thanks
Ashlekh Gera 
This was selected as the best answer
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
No Certifcation is not required for job. But this good if you can clear the exam that will help you to get new job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=wM5Th-ComR4 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=wM5Th-ComR4)
AppBuilder Transition Certification focus on declarative skills. It do not focus on Visualforce at all now. It do focus on Lightning Introduction, Salesforce1 understanding, Sandbox and Packages.

Platform Developer 1 focus on coding skills. It also focus on Introduction to Lightning.

There is no prerequisite for Platform Developer 1 certification now unlike DEV 501 for which we had to be certified developer was prerequisite.

Platform Developer 2 focus on advanced coding skills and also has assignment.It also focus on Integration skills(SOAP API, REST API, Analytics API) now which were not tested earlier in Advanced Developer certification.

Please check below link for more help
http://certification.salesforce.com/developers

Please let us knw if this will help you
ChrisSnipChrisSnip
The Dev401 has been 'replaced' by the App Builder cert.
Thomas John 2Thomas John 2
You can contact me for any help and exact questions and answers for the latest Winter 20 certifications at salesforcecertguide2018[at]gmail.com
Alexey GordonukAlexey Gordonuk
Hello Shobha,

Certification is not always mandatory for applying to Salesforce jobs, but it's highly beneficial. Many employers prefer or require candidates to have certifications as it demonstrates a verified level of expertise on the platform. For a beginner developer, the Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I is the foundational certification you should aim for, as the Dev401 (Force.com Developer) certification has been retired.
The Platform Developer I certification will provide you with the basic knowledge needed to build custom declarative and programmatic applications on the Salesforce Platform. Here are the steps you should consider:
  1. Learn the Basics: Start with Salesforce Trailhead to build your foundational knowledge of the platform.
  2. Hands-On Practice: Apply what you learn by working on real-world scenarios and projects.
  3. Study for Certification: Use study guides, practice exams, and join study groups to prepare for the Platform Developer I certification exam.
  4. Consider Job Listings: Look at job descriptions for roles you’re interested in to see if they list specific certifications as requirements or preferences.
  5. Stay Informed: The requirements for Salesforce jobs can vary widely, so it’s important to stay informed about what employers are looking for.
For an in-depth understanding of the market value of a Salesforce certification and how it can elevate your career, you can refer to this Salesforce Certification Research https://www.sfstaffingagency.com/salesforce-certification-research/. This research is rich with statistical insights, expert interviews, and surveys, complemented by infographics that articulate the significance of being a certified professional in the Salesforce ecosystem.

Best of luck on your journey to becoming a Salesforce developer, and remember, while certification can greatly enhance your job prospects, gaining practical experience is also invaluable.