function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Allot AdministratorAllot Administrator 

Account sharing rules

Hi.
I have some issue for several accounts, after done some changes in the roles.
For some accounts the users cannot create new opportunity. They getting message of 'Insufficient privileges' after clicking save in the opportunity layout.
I checked and the users have access thru the sharing on the specific accounts (+they have Read/Write on the related opportunity/cases), they have access in their profiles. For some cases it happen also for the account owner.

Any idea what else could be the reason?

Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Allot Administrator
Abhishek_DEOAbhishek_DEO
I would suggest you to capture the debug log to see if log has some more information. If you have any trigger on Opportunity , first disable that just to confirm that code is not causing this issue.

Ideally, if user does not have permission on opportunity then "new" button will not be availabl for them. It could be related to field or may be you are changing the ownership of opp during the creation

All Answers

Abhishek_DEOAbhishek_DEO
I would suggest you to capture the debug log to see if log has some more information. If you have any trigger on Opportunity , first disable that just to confirm that code is not causing this issue.

Ideally, if user does not have permission on opportunity then "new" button will not be availabl for them. It could be related to field or may be you are changing the ownership of opp during the creation
This was selected as the best answer
Allot AdministratorAllot Administrator
Thanks.
I found the issue. There is automatically assignment for the pricebook according to setup and the users were missing sharing access for the relevant pricebook.