function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bryan SpencerBryan Spencer 

Automating Time-based Actions with Workflow Challenge

I keep getting this error when I click 'Check Challenge': 'Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
 Case escalation failed to assign a task to the owner.'

I can't figure out what I've done wrong! The rule works exactly as it is supposed to.
This is the task information:
User-added image

Please help! Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Bryan Spencer
Naresh YadavNaresh Yadav
Hi Bryan 

Follo the below snapshots.

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Mark it as solution if it helps you out.
Thanks
Naresh.

All Answers

santanu boralsantanu boral
Can you please share Workflow rule criteria for creating this task.What is 'Check Chanllenge"? And how this message "Challenge Not yet complete" is coming? Please elaborate your question.
Naresh YadavNaresh Yadav
Hi Bryan 

Follo the below snapshots.

User-added imageUser-added imageUser-added imageUser-added image

Mark it as solution if it helps you out.
Thanks
Naresh.
This was selected as the best answer
Rich Wingerter 9Rich Wingerter 9
After very, very careful examination of the above, I realized that I'd put the task creation action in a time-dependent workflow. I did that because it says:
"Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action."
This obviously means that you should put it in a time-triggered workflow action, but that's not what they meant. What they meant was:
"Since Workflow rules only fire on record save, normally you would implement this with a time-triggered workflow action, but for this challenge you should put it in an immediate action, because that's what we're checking for."
Moving it to the immediate action fixed the problem. I had to delete the old action first, so as to not duplicate the name.
So, thanks Naresh.
Rich Wingerter 9Rich Wingerter 9
The other thing that is not obvious about setting a task is that the Assigned To field has a lookup control (magnifying glass icon) where the lookup Type is a dropdown. To set this to the case owner, you have to click the dropdown and pick "Owner". Then, in the search results you will get a linke for Case Owner. If you don';t happen to know this you can look long and hard to figure out how to assign the task to the case owner, rather than a fixed person.
Erika Villafane 13Erika Villafane 13
Hi everyone,
Had the same problem as Bryan: Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
 Case escalation failed to assign a task to the owner.'
Moreover, I agree 100% with Rich Wingerter 9: I had the same rationale regarding task creation in a time-dependent workflow. Corrected as suggested and worked fine. So SF should use wording  more carefully