function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Caroline HiprechtCaroline Hiprecht 

Trailhead challenge for contact roles

Hi all,

i added for my challenge a contact as contact role as described in the challenge (see text below), but when I let the system check if the task is completed correctly.I always get the error: 

Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: 
The 'John Smith' contact role for 'Greendot Media' could not be found.​

I don´t understand what I am doing wrong here - while solving the task I followed the description and rechecked with the documentation but I can not find an error.

I would really appreciate help. Thanks.

Task
Your VP just connected you to a new contact, but the contact works with two different companies. To pass this challenge, relate the new contact to the two different accounts. Then, add yourself to the account team. In order to complete this challenge, you need to have Contacts to Multiple Accounts and Account Teams enabled. The Related Contacts and Account Teams related lists must be on the Account page layout. The Related Accounts related list must be on the Contact page layout.

Create an account with the Account Name 'Acme Corporation'.
Create an account with the Account Name 'Greendot Media'.
Create a contact with First Name = 'John', Last Name = 'Smith'. In the Account Name field, enter 'Acme Corporation'.
From the Greendot Media account record, use the Related Contacts related list to add a relationship with John Smith.
Add yourself to the account team for the 'Acme Corporation' account with the Team Role of 'Account Manager'.

Best Answer chosen by Caroline Hiprecht
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Caroline,

I am able to complete the challenge. I follow the below steps:
  1. Go to Setup -> Customize -> Account -> Account Settings -> Enable Contacts to Multiple Accounts Seetings
  2. Create new Account with Name 'Acme Corporation'.
  3. Create new Account with Name 'Greendot Media'.
  4. Edit Account Layout and add 'Account Teams' and 'Related Contacts' related list.
  5. Create New Contact 'John Smith' and add Account 'Acme Corporation'.
  6. Go to Greendot Account and Add relationship to John smith contact using 'Related Contacts' related list.
  7. Go to Acme Corporation Account and add Team for myself.
  8. Check the challenge and it was successful.
Please follow the same steps and let me know if you still faces any issues.

Thanks,
Neetu

All Answers

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Caroline,

Can you please let me know the steps you followed to complete this challenge?

Thanks,
Neetu
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Caroline,

I am able to complete the challenge. I follow the below steps:
  1. Go to Setup -> Customize -> Account -> Account Settings -> Enable Contacts to Multiple Accounts Seetings
  2. Create new Account with Name 'Acme Corporation'.
  3. Create new Account with Name 'Greendot Media'.
  4. Edit Account Layout and add 'Account Teams' and 'Related Contacts' related list.
  5. Create New Contact 'John Smith' and add Account 'Acme Corporation'.
  6. Go to Greendot Account and Add relationship to John smith contact using 'Related Contacts' related list.
  7. Go to Acme Corporation Account and add Team for myself.
  8. Check the challenge and it was successful.
Please follow the same steps and let me know if you still faces any issues.

Thanks,
Neetu
This was selected as the best answer
Hi Neetu,

1) i added the accouts
2) i added the contacts for each of the described persons
3) added John Smith as contact for Acme
4) activated the related contact roles
5) added John Smith under contact roles for Greendot

And i see him also under the contact role for Greendot.

Thanks, Caroline
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Caroline,

What is your step 2? Can you please try the steps I mentioned.

If this solves your problem, you can mark it as best answer so it will help others.

Thanks,
Neetu
Hi Neetu,
 i noticed the first step you have - was the step i was missing.
So i deleted eerything and started new following your steps - but i still get the same error ... any other ideas?
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Caroline,

Is it possible that I can see your screen to check what is wrong. We can do Skype sharing. My skype id is neetu.bansal.5

Thanks,
Neetu
Hi Neetu,

thanks for helping me and pointing out that "related contacts" is needed instead of contact roles.

I rechecked and found out the German version has some errors in the English version there are different screenshots - it seems there was an update whch did not happen for German. 

Thanks again!

Caroline
Brandon Holloway 7Brandon Holloway 7
I too am having this issue.  After deleting everything I had done and trying to redo following neetu's directions above, I am still having an issue completing this task.  Please let me know if there is anything else I should be trying.
Bennett chenBennett chen
Pls refer to screen print below. I do not have have the Related Contacts option to add. 
User-added image
Othmane SkaliOthmane Skali
Thank you @Neetu Bansal
I had the same problem. Your guide was helpful 
Martina PastorkovaMartina Pastorkova
I still can't figure out the last bit of this challenge!  COuld you please help me?
Dileep KatariDileep Katari
Hi Neetu or anyone, 

I am facing the same error. I even followed all the steps mentioned by Neetu but somehow trailhead is still throwing error.  Can you please help figure out what I did incorrectly. 
ManjushaManjusha
I faced the same issue.
It's resolved now after doing the below settings as mentioned by Neethu.Thanks.
Go to Setup -> Customize -> Account -> Account Settings -> Enable Contacts to Multiple Accounts Seetings
John Keller 8John Keller 8
I've  been facing the same issue.  The Related Contact field is not available after I enable it.