function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Melanie HilliardMelanie Hilliard 

How do I install package from App exchange to complete badge?

How do I log in to Trailhead to complete installing the app just downloaded to complete App Exchange challenge? Upon download only Production or sandbox is an option, no developer orgs.

Best Answer chosen by Melanie Hilliard
Amit Chaudhary 8Amit Chaudhary 8
There is a trick to reset your password for Trailhead Playground. Please follow below step
1) Go to Setup
2) Search User
3) Then from top of the window reset the password. Like below screen
User-added image
Then it will not ask any curity question to you

All Answers

Jennifer MortonJennifer Morton
I am having the same issue and no one has replied to my question for over a month.
sfdcMonkey.comsfdcMonkey.com
HI Melanie Hilliard and Jennifer Morton,

select the Production , developer org. is same like production in app excahnge option,

Thanks
Let me know if it helps you and kindly mark it best answer so it make proper solution for others in future

I believe I have tried that and it wants to add it to our Production Salesforce, not the Trailhead.
Yes, then please first log out from prodction org. and after that install again, and when it asking for credential then use developer org.
Thanks
Hi, I don't understand your instructions.  It doesn't give me an option to log out of the production and back into Trailhead.
I have the exact same issues that Jennifer Morton is reporting. Melanie
I just tried to take a screen shot of the error I am getting, but I can't even add it to the thread.
Here is the link to the module, https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/data_quality/units/data_quality_assess_your_data

It's Part 2 of the Data Quality module, for me.
This is the module: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/lex_implementation_reports_dashboards Neither of these challenges work in this module: [cid:image002.png@01D36849.0A3CBB90] This is the link to Extend Your Reporting Strategy with AppExchange where I can’t install the Salesforce Adoption Dashboard package: https://trailhead.salesforce.com/modules/lex_implementation_reports_dashboards/units/lex_implementation_reports_dashboards_appexchange
do one thing,
open this app link in your browser incognito/Private mode : https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004gHhLEAU (https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004gHhLEAU)

click on get it get it now  button, it will showing below popup, click on Login button :
User-added image
then it will redirect you to login screen, here you can give your login id pass of developer org. where you want to download/install this app.
after login to appExcahnge, click again to get it now  button now it will asking for install in prod. or install in sandbox, select install in prodcation option, (if it ask again for id,pass then provide the id pass of your developer org where you want to install it). 
after install successful you will get an email.

now in trailhead, select your developer org. as a hand on challenge org. and launch it, and check the challange

Thanks let me know if it helps you
Please check below post for same with screen shot
Installing a package or app to complete a Trailhead challenge
https://force.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2710899-installing-a-package-or-app-to-complete-a-trailhead-challenge?b_id=13478

***INCOGNITO WINDOW REQUIRED***
  1. Open an incognito browser window  (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95464?source=gsearch&hl=en)in Chrome.
  2. Log in to Trailhead with your normal Trailhead username and password.
  3. Stop and check and make sure you're in an incognito window. Seriously. This won't work without it. 
  4. Navigate to the challenge that requires you to install the package or app. 
  5. Click the down arrow next to Launch your hands-on org to see your list of Developer Edition and Trailhead Playground orgs. Confirm that the org with the checkmark is the org where you want to install the package or app.
  6. To open that org in a new browser window, click Launch your hands-on org. Note: This new browser window must be open before you go on to the next step.​
  7. In the Trailhead browser window, click the package or app install link included in the challenge text.
  8. If you’re installing an unmanaged package, skip to step 10.
  9. If you’re installing an app from AppExchange, check to make sure that you are NOT logged in to AppExchange. If you see a Log In link in AppExchange, you are good to go:
  • ​​Click Get It Now.
  • Click Log in to AppExchange
  • Click Install in Production
  • Agree to the terms and conditions, then click Confirm and Install! 

10. On the Salesforce login screen, enter the username and password for your Trailhead Playground or Developer Edition org. Note: These login credentials are sometimes different from the username and password you use to log in to Trailhead. If you don’t know the username and password for your Trailhead Playground org, check out our support article.
       11. Follow the AppExchange instructions to install the package or app.
        Depending on demand, the actual installation can take anywhere from a few minutes to several hours. You'll get an email once it's done. If you don't get the confirmation, check your spam folder. 

Let us know if this will help you

Opened app exchange in incognito/Private mode and clicked on Install Now. Next I’m using my username for Trailhead and password for logging in to Trailhead. But I can’t log in, says user name and password are incorrect. Username is copied from my Trailhead/Settings and password is not mistaken. What next?
Steps 1, 2, 3 completed. Step 4 – can’t log in to Salesforce when I’m in Private mode. Steps 4-9 can’t be completed without logging in to “something” Step 10 is very confusing. Exactly how do we create a Trailhead Playground? I’ve just been using the “Launch” button with only minor issues for all other challenges.
Please follow below step
1) Open your Trailhead org and Reset the password for your Trailhead Playgroud user (I am in Chrome here )
User-added image
2) Reset your password in different browser (Mozilla Firefox) and then open the AppExchange URL
https://appexchange.salesforce.com/listingDetail?listingId=a0N30000004gHhLEAU

3) Then click on "Get In Now" . Then click on Log In button and login with new userId and password
User-added image

4) Then again Click on "Get in Now" and select the production
User-added image

5) Then click on Install
User-added image

6) Then again login with Trailhead Playgroud. Then all Set.

Let us know if this will help you
Agata KetterickAgata Ketterick
I'm having the same problem and I can't reset my password for the Trailhead playground because I have to answer a security question and it's not accepting the answer.
There is a trick to reset your password for Trailhead Playground. Please follow below step
1) Go to Setup
2) Search User
3) Then from top of the window reset the password. Like below screen
User-added image
Then it will not ask any curity question to you

This was selected as the best answer
It is not an option to go to Setup and reset my password because we are in the Trailhead Playground. If I reset my password as you instruct it is for Production not Trailhead Playground. The only way to access the Trailhead Playground is logging into Trailhead (with Salesforce login credentials), starting a module and then clicking on the Launch button at the end of the module. [cid:image002.png@01D36908.9D5255B0] The help document below indicates clicking on Settings to see connected orgs. But when I do this it only displays my user profile info with Trailhead Log in username, which is never used because it won’t recognize my password or anwser to the security question. [cid:image004.jpg@01D3690D.F40AB4B0] https://force.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2659738-how-to-get-a-password-for-my-trailhead-playground?b_id=13478 There is no option to reset your password for trailhead Playground from Set Up>User>reset password as suggested.
If you want we do the screen sharing session to resolve your issue. Please email me amit.salesforce21@gmail.com
As far as I know, I don't think this issue was resolved.  I know my issue hasn't been resolved and I have tried to have Amit do a Zoom meeting to help me with mine.  I set up the meeting, but he was a no show.
Amit, Issue has been resolved. I’ll update when login is possible. [cid:image001.png@01D369F0.3EC40E60]
Hi Melanie Hilliard /Jennifer Morton ,

I hope your issue resolved yesterday over the screen sharing session. Let me know if you need more help
Thanks Amit.  I am good now.
Tracy DyeTracy Dye
I used Amit's answer and got two apps downloaded I've been struggling with.  Thank you. 
Marshall PriestMarshall Priest
Thanks Amit. I have been trying to do the Trailheads with App Exchange requirements for a month. Your advice has been the only way I could complete these Trailheads.
Cheers,
Marshall
Claire SanNicolasClaire SanNicolas
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but I'm having similar problems and I'm so confused.

I have a Salesforce login and a Trailhead login.

I went to an incognito window and logged into Trailhead to do the Install AppExchange Packages (Also Like a Superhero) module.

Following the instructions above from Amit, on step 5 it says:
Click the down arrow next to Launch your hands-on org to see your list of Developer Edition and Trailhead Playground orgs. Confirm that the org with the checkmark is the org where you want to install the package or app.
Where do I want to install it?? I've been using Playground 2 for everything. I only have a choice of Playground1 and Playground2. So I choose Playground 2.

I then go to appexchange.salesforce.com in an incognito tab and get the app I want to download. I am not logged into the appexchange. So far, so good--following instructions above.

I click "get it now."  It prompts me to login with my Salesforce credentials. So I do that, using my Salesforce login, not my Trailhead login. Am I doing that right? (I don't even know how to login to Trailhead because it just emails me a code. I don't have a password for it.) I don't understand how Salesforce and Trailhead are connected, and if I'm logging into Salesforce, how my Trailhead Playground2 is going to know what's going on.

Then it prompts me to Install in Sandbox or Install in Production. Now I'm getting even more confused. I'm trying to do a challenge in Trailhead which uses a Sandbox, but I'm supposed to install the app in Salesforce in a production environment??

But  I continue on and choose "install in Production". The window that opens shows my username for Salesforce (not Trailhead--ok, this is how I logged in above.) I click "Confirm and Install".

Now it prompts me to login again. I login using my Salesforce credentials. I choose "install for Admins only" and click install.

I get this error message:
This app can't be installed.
There are problems that prevent this package from being installed.
Missing Organization Feature: Product

Help!

Also, I'm adding on to a post that's a year old and it's still this confusing to install an app? Why haven't the modules been updated to make it clear?
Claire SanNicolasClaire SanNicolas
Ok, I finally got it to work. It's a bit confusing that the instructions in the module say that you should never install in a production org without testing in a sandbox, and then when given the choice of where to install, you're told to choose production org, but you're doing this in trailhead using a sandbox.
"Remember, AppExchange Superheroes never install in production without testing in a Developer Edition org or a sandbox first. When you’ve decided where to install the package, have the login credentials for that org available. You need those credentials to establish a connection with AppExchange."

I now understand that when I'm prompted to login on the appexchange, I should be logging into my Trailhead Playground, not Trailhead itself, and not Salesforce. This is confusing because it says "log in with your Salesforce credentials." or "Don't have a Salesforce account? Continue as guest." I got a 14-day free trial Salesforce account because I thought I needed it for this, and/or for the mobile app. So this was very confusing to me. Pherhaps it should say "Log in with your Salesforce credentials or your Trailhead Playground credentials, depending on where you want to install the app."