function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Adrian HidalgoAdrian Hidalgo 

MC-Cordova-Plugin package R does not exist

I'm trying to integrate Marketing Cloud Push Notifications with Ionic 3 using Salesforce Marketing Cloud Cordova Plugin, but when I execute ionic cordova run android --device the error "package R does not exist" appears, here is a part of the error code:

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 27.239 secs
Error: /Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/gradlew: Command failed with exit code 1 Error output:
/Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/src/com/salesforce/marketingcloud/cordovaplugin/MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:31: error: package R does not exist
        boolean mcAnalyticsEnabled = "enabled".equalsIgnoreCase(getString(R.string.MCANALYTICS));
                                                                           ^
/Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/src/com/salesforce/marketingcloud/cordovaplugin/MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:38: error: package R does not exist
                .setNotificationChannelName(String.valueOf(R.string.CHANNELNAME))
                                                            ^
/Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/src/com/salesforce/marketingcloud/cordovaplugin/MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:36: error: package R does not exist
                .setGcmSenderId(getString(R.string.GCMSENDERID))
                                           ^
/Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/src/com/salesforce/marketingcloud/cordovaplugin/MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:35: error: package R does not exist
                .setAccessToken(getString(R.string.ACCESSTOKEN))
                                           ^
/Users/aiusda/Ionic/push_notifications_MC/platforms/android/src/com/salesforce/marketingcloud/cordovaplugin/MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:34: error: package R does not exist
                .setApplicationId(getString(R.string.APPID))
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Cordova Plugin Repository

Someone can help me?
Douglas Midgley 7Douglas Midgley 7
Also same error coming up with vanilla Cordova framwork :(
I've looked into the cause and it seems for some reason the r.java file is not available to this class :/ even from the r.java files I checked I couldn't find the variables so maybe something else is going wrong.
Hardcoding (as much as it isnt a great idea) seems to a viable workaround at the moment APPNAME\platforms\android\app\src\main\java\com\salesforce\marketingcloud\cordovaplugin\MCCordovaPluginApplication.java
To solve this I added the line in MCCordovaPluginApplication.java:

import com.cloudmobile.mcpn.R;

Where com.cloudmobile.mcpn is the packete of my application. However, another problem appeared:

12-27 14:45:36.988 2900-2920/com.cloudmobile.mcpn E/dalvikvm: Could not find class 'android.app.NotificationChannel', referenced from method com.salesforce.marketingcloud.notifications.c.a
12-27 14:45:37.052 2900-2920/com.cloudmobile.mcpn E/dalvikvm: Could not find class 'android.support.v4.app.JobIntentService$JobServiceEngineImpl', referenced from method android.support.v4.app.JobIntentService.onCreate
12-27 14:45:58.277 2900-2900/com.cloudmobile.mcpn E/CordovaWebViewImpl: CordovaWebView: TIMEOUT ERROR!

Hmm Doing the same, I didnt get that error. The main issue for me is that the secrets.xml resource file doesnt contain the strings, once I add those there everythings works as expected. Did you have the values present in secrets.xml
In fact, my secrets.xml is empty too, the values are stored in platforms/android/android.json