function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bonnie BaileyBonnie Bailey 

How do i create a case every month based on the day of the month?

Hello!

I need to have cases created every month and at certain times of the month (ex: day 1, day 15), to notify a department that they need to retrieve/review billing invoices.  I thought I could do this using the Process Builder, but I do not have an option to start a process from a date.  Is there another way.  I have not been able to find any answers/solutions.

Thank you!

BB  :)
Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
What date field are you attempting to use and what object is it on?  Having this information may allow for a clearer path for us to help. 

Thanks
Bonnie BaileyBonnie Bailey
I am starting from the case object. Maybe that’s not the proper starting point. I tried creating a custom date field on Accounts that would reflect the current date, but since it’s a formula I cannot extract the particular day of the month. I’ve tried troubleshooting a way to make it happen, but I’m at a loss.
Shawn Reichner 29Shawn Reichner 29
How about this approach...turn that Formula Date field into a normal standard date field, and have a process fire from the Case object when your criteria is met that will update the associated Account Record and time stamp that date field.  Then you can go forward with extracting the day and can then create your next process to do your original request.  You may also want to think about since it looks like you want a case created every month then on that day, to either not extract and fire your proces for 30 days out.  Then if you want this automated every month, create like a new checkbox field called like Case created which is checked true when the process runs to timestamp the date field on the account and when you first case is created via the 30 day process, have the checkbox field unchecked by the process as well, then you could have another process or workflow rule that when that checkbox gets marked false from the process, then queue up another case to be created for 30 days out, and this should create a case every month.  Hope that makes sense. :)