function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scotty ForceScotty Force 

Field update question?

I've a junction object Pharma_Product_Invoice__c (M-D relation is on Pharma_Product__c and Invoice__c objects) which has a field called Quantity__c. Now i've added a Quantity__c field on Pharma_Product__c and want the Quantity values to pass from Pharma_Product_Invoice__c to Pharma_Product__c. I've tried using formula, but it doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Best Answer chosen by Scotty Force
Arpit Jain7Arpit Jain7
Hello Scotty,

In formula field you can not get child field value on parent object. For this you can write process builder or workflow rule to update Pharma_Product__C object Quantity field when ever Quantity field on Pharma_Product_Invoice__c is updated.

Hope this will help..

Thanks
Arpit

All Answers

Arpit Jain7Arpit Jain7
Hello Scotty,

In formula field you can not get child field value on parent object. For this you can write process builder or workflow rule to update Pharma_Product__C object Quantity field when ever Quantity field on Pharma_Product_Invoice__c is updated.

Hope this will help..

Thanks
Arpit

This was selected as the best answer
RD@SFRD@SF
Hi Scotty,

As you have a master detail relationship, rollup summary field should be able to do it.

Hope it helps
RD
Scotty ForceScotty Force
With Rollup Summary i prefered getting sum of all records. Choices were Sum, Min, Max and Count of Records. Could not get to see record values individually. Thanks!!! Everyone.