function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nikhil kanth NayaniNikhil kanth Nayani 

invalid cross reference id using process builder

Hi All,

Based on the Lead status I am trying to update the lead owner to a queue using the process builder. When my process builder has been pushed to different org I am getting error as below.
Error: The flow tried to update these records: null. This error occurred: INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY: invalid cross reference id.

My Action field update is Lead owner(field) Queue(Type) xxx_Queue(Value)

Best Answer chosen by Nikhil kanth Nayani
Doug YoungerDoug Younger
I ran into a similar issue when deploying a process that posts to a chatter group. What seems to be happening is when you develop the process in a sandbox you are providing the name of the group or queue and the process builder links it to the internal ID behind the scenes. Unfortunately the IDs are typically different in your dev org and production org.

To fix this, after you deploy, you will need to modify the process (clone) in the production org and re-link the queue by name in the prod org so it gets the proper ID. When you activate the cloned version, it should work as expected.

All Answers

Doug YoungerDoug Younger
I ran into a similar issue when deploying a process that posts to a chatter group. What seems to be happening is when you develop the process in a sandbox you are providing the name of the group or queue and the process builder links it to the internal ID behind the scenes. Unfortunately the IDs are typically different in your dev org and production org.

To fix this, after you deploy, you will need to modify the process (clone) in the production org and re-link the queue by name in the prod org so it gets the proper ID. When you activate the cloned version, it should work as expected.
This was selected as the best answer
Nikhil kanth NayaniNikhil kanth Nayani
Thanks Doug, I have placed the Id in the label and changing the id after the push and it works for me
Megha ChauhanMegha Chauhan
Thanks Dough Younger for sharing the solution, was facing the same issue and it works now.
David Brenner 24David Brenner 24
For all who hit this issue: Help us to help you: Please upvote this idea! https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000CXzUQAW
Vish Nagaraju1Vish Nagaraju1
Is there any solution for this yet? Facing the same issue with process builder and queues. 
Johny SinsJohny Sins
Hi, thanks to all of you for reply, good to help. I am Johny Sins from Plumbers In Utah (https://en.gravatar.com/johnysins084) and it was very helpful for me. Thanks again!!