function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jamie AriasJamie Arias 

Hands-on Challenge Manage Your Picklist Values

I'm trying to complete the Hands-on Challenge for Manage Your Picklist Values, and I'm getting the following message "... Couldn’t find picklist formula with the correct information. Please double check the instructions" I used the formula provided:

Use the formula editor to set the Default Value for the Macaron Flavor picklist as follows:CASE(MONTH(TODAY()),1, "Gingerbread",2, "Strawberry",4, "Chocolate",7, "Raspberry",11, "Pumpkin",12, "Mint", "Vanilla")

These were the only instructions, 

As an administrator, you want the default value for the macaron flavor to be the flavor of the month for some months, otherwise, the default is vanilla.

I'm not quite sure what I'm doing wrong.
Vincent AttonitoVincent Attonito
Hi Jamie,

I am also getting the exact same error. Were you able to get this solved?

Below is my picklist value set with forumla. 

Regards,
Vincent 

User-added image

Jamie AriasJamie Arias
No still no solution
Vincent AttonitoVincent Attonito
I got it to work myself. What object are you trying to build the picklist on? I found that after creating the picklist on the "Products" object, it worked just fine.
Jamie AriasJamie Arias
So weird yay it worked thanks
Juan Salas 8Juan Salas 8
https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/ForumsMain?id=9060G0000005pZI
I keep getting the same error eventhough I created 2 new Trailhead Plagrounds, the only difference is the error ID between the orgs: PWQQXEQZ, VFSPUNNG, FXYMYLFZ

User-added image
Meghraj KurmiMeghraj Kurmi
Hi,
Just check if there is an Object  name 'Product' if not create one 'Product' custom object after that create one picklist inside that object name 'Macaron Flavor ' with values
Strawberry
Chocolate
Raspberry
Pumpkin
Mint
Vanilla

Use given formula on formula field
 CASE(MONTH(TODAY()),1, "Gingerbread",2, "Strawberry",4, "Chocolate",7, "Raspberry",11, "Pumpkin",12, "Mint", "Vanilla")

it worked fine for me.
Famil GarayevFamil Garayev
You can not create field before you create an object, so obviously "product" object was created and "Macaron Flavor" field was added, however error does not go away. 
akkkakkk
Hi Famll Garayev and Juan Salas 8

do not create the new field i thought you alredy created the field Name(Macaron Flavor   piclist ) only edit this field and go in section "General Options" and set the Values in field (Default Values) its working

User-added image

Thanks
aqleem