function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ritu Ghosh 13Ritu Ghosh 13 

In VF Pages,in case of navigation to website outside salesforce.com domain or to a page with different controller or controller extension even without setredirect(true) it works so when exactly to use it?

Henry AkpalaHenry Akpala
Hi Ritu,
The documentation is clear when it applies or not.  Normally if it is the same controller then it applies but if it is a different controller or page then it redirects.  Refer to the link (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_System_PageReference_setRedirect.htm)
"Note that if the URL of the PageReference object is set to a website outside of the salesforce.com domain, or to a page with a different controller or controller extension, the redirect always occurs, regardless of whether the redirect attribute is set to true or false."

Hope this helps
-Henry 
Ritu Ghosh 13Ritu Ghosh 13
Thanks Henry .So in case when i tried to use same controller  then it worked automatically and no  need to explicitly  mention the setRedirect  parameter and as per the statement in documentation even in case of different controller or controller extension it works so is it that when i want to  naivgate to  different URL I  need to  mention setRedirect parameter as true?