function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Gaurav GulanjkarGaurav Gulanjkar 

Salesforce dataloader supports bulk api 2.0

Does salefsorce dataloader support bulk api 2.0?
KushiKushi
Yes.
Salesforce provides an additional API, Bulk API 2.0, which uses the Force.com REST API framework to provide similar capabilities to Bulk API. Use Bulk API 2.0 instead of Bulk API if you want a simplified process for inserting, updating, upserting, or deleting large sets of data. Bulk API 2.0 does not currently support query or queryAll.
Gaurav GulanjkarGaurav Gulanjkar
Thanks Kushi, But how to enable the bulk api 2.0 for dataloader. Currently mu dataloader uses V1 api. I want to use V2 api.
KushiKushi
Hi Gaurav,

Try this - https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.dataLoader.meta/dataLoader/loader_configuring_bulk_api.htm

Thanks,
Kushi
James P PowellJames P Powell
Gaurav - six months later, also searching for this answer but not finding any details. I am guessing that an update to the data loader code is required for it to either point to Bulk API V.2 or provide a selector option for V.1 or V.2.

Hopefully, the Salesforce PM for Data Loader can chime in on this topic.
Darren OglesbyDarren Oglesby
Hello I also would like to know if I can use 2.0 in Data Loader and wondered if we ever got an answer to this. Currently we have a process where we use a VB Script to pull data from SQL and then use the command line bin file for Data Loader to push the data into Salesforce via Windows Task Scheduler. If data loader tool can handle v2 then I would be able to change easily to the new API.
Richard Clarke - Artisan ConsultingRichard Clarke - Artisan Consulting
Here we are in 2023 and the latest v57.0.1 of DataLoader is still using Bulk API v1 when uploading attachments...