function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JPSeaburyJPSeabury 

Enable SSO for Community Plus Users

I'm well outside my comfort zone, so pardon if the question sounds peculiar or if I'm not using the correct terminology!

BACKGROUND:
I have a clean org that is looking to implement SSO for it's internal users (company employees). That seems fairly straight forward with the exhaustive and detailed documentation on this site. 

This org expects to have a number of different partners. We're setting those parter employees up with Communities Plus licenses, and each partner will be "isolated" in their own community.

QUESTION/CHALLENGE TO SOLVE:

Is it possible to have SSO capabilities from different companies into the Salesforce Org?  We want to set up and be responsible for the SSO of our internal users, but we want to give partners the ability to set up their own SSO access to the Communities Plus licenses, as well.

This Authenticate Community Users doc references that "If your organization uses an existing single sign-on capability to simplify and standardize your user authenciation, you can extend this capability to communities".  That wording scares me, becuase it implies that I'm responsible for not only creating Community Plus user licenses, but also setting up those users in our Ping Federate SSO tools. I'm trying to avoid the latter.

Is it possible for different businesses to authenticate different types of users into a single salesforce org?