function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Xiang ChenXiang Chen 

Group and Categorize Your Data---The 'Opportunities by Rep and Close Month' report does not seem to grouped on 'Close Date' by Calendar Month.

Wwhen I work on the module of Group and Categorize Your Data, the following coninually come out:
Error: The 'Opportunities by Rep and Close Month' report does not seem to grouped on 'Close Date' by Calendar Month.
But I have cheked lots of times, I did grouped on the "Close date" by Calendar Month.
Who can help me and tell me why?
Thx so much!

Best Answer chosen by Xiang Chen
Saravana Muthu 8Saravana Muthu 8
Hi,

This is the module you are working.
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/create-reports-and-dashboards-for-sales-and-marketing-managers/steps/group-and-categorize-your-data

After change the report from summary to matrix please check once again if the grouping still exists?

Please let me know if it helps.

Please don't forget to mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Saravana

All Answers

Hi,

This is the module you are working.
https://trailhead.salesforce.com/projects/create-reports-and-dashboards-for-sales-and-marketing-managers/steps/group-and-categorize-your-data

After change the report from summary to matrix please check once again if the grouping still exists?

Please let me know if it helps.

Please don't forget to mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Saravana
This was selected as the best answer
Xiang ChenXiang Chen
User-added image
I found the reason, I drag the Close Date to the Row heading, instead of the column heading.
Very glad that you found the reason and your problem solved.

Thanks,
Saravana
Xiang ChenXiang Chen
Thank you all the same :-)
Georges Salame 8Georges Salame 8
Hello All,

I have restart all challenge in different TP(trailhead playground) and I did all the requirements perfectly and I passed the next challenge in the module, I am always stuck with the error message of
''The 'Pipeline Matrix Report Current and 2 FY' report does not appear to have the bucket field configured correctly''
Here the screenshot of the report requirement:
12thank you in advance
Jasmin Akerele 5Jasmin Akerele 5
Seriously, what a complete waste of time. Ultimately, I completely started over (the entire challenge) and successfully was able to moved on. That would be my recommendation as something funky is happening on the backend and the trailhead acceptance of this course doesn't register correctly. 
Ian Lin 87Ian Lin 87
The 'Opportunities by Rep and Close Month' summary format is not 'Matrix'. I get this error for the module called Group and Categorize Your Data
How do you change it to matrix in lightning? I tried just switching to classic and changing it to matrix but it will not work.
I have followed the instructions exactly. In Xiang Chen's screenshot I have compared my trailhead and there is not instruction to do this.
Anis Khan 17Anis Khan 17
Make sure you select the Group Columns by This Field  on Close Date and not Group rows by this Field. 
Mark CoadyMark Coady
Anis Khan 17 - Your solution worked. Thank you. 
sravya scsravya sc
Try to Change "Close Date" to Group coloumns by Field and Group Date by Calender Month in the Opportunities by Rep and Close Month Report. Not in opportunities by Rep .  It worked for me
shrutika waghmare 5shrutika waghmare 5
Go to the Reports tab and check if there is only one report named 'Opportunities by Rep and Close Month' present, if there are 2 reports present delete any one of them and follow the correct steps in the report.
Rithik Tyagi 1Rithik Tyagi 1
In this case first step is to check that you have followed all the instruction carefully and still if you are facing same error you can try this:
Make sure you select the "Group Columns by This Field"  on "Close Date" and not "Group rows by this Field"
André LunaAndré Luna
Hi buddies, in this challenge we need to pay attention to mark the Close Date as a Column and delete any other repository with duplicate name 'Opportunities by Rep and Close Month'.