function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sally WooSally Woo 

Unknown error parsing query - but my colleague can run the query with no errors

Hi all,
I'm running some simple queries in Developer Console. My colleague can run these queries and get the information with no issues. When I run the same query, I get the error: "Unknown error parsing query"

I've double and triple-checked for any extra spaces that may have been added in the copy and paste, but it's the same query and I get the error; my colleague does not. We both have identical Administrator profiles, permissions and settings. What could be the issue here? Any help would be much appreciated!
Best Answer chosen by Sally Woo
Ankita Gupta 96Ankita Gupta 96
Can you paste the query here - this comes up when we have a new line whitespace in the query. Try running using workbench if that works by any chance - You can select the fields using their UI. Might work.

All Answers

Ankita Gupta 96Ankita Gupta 96
Can you paste the query here - this comes up when we have a new line whitespace in the query. Try running using workbench if that works by any chance - You can select the fields using their UI. Might work.
This was selected as the best answer
Sally WooSally Woo
Thank you Ankita!
I tried typing in the query manually and was able to execute it successfully. It must have been the new line whitespace causing issues! Thank you so much!
Rabindra BhowalRabindra Bhowal
Dear @Ankit Gupta 96,

I am trying to get information like list of name from Account object such as 

SELECT Name FROM Account;

Having following error message
Unknown error parsing query

Please help me 
Midhun JohnMidhun John
Hi Rabindra,
Try removing the semi colon and execute. No white space and no special characters will do the trick.
Midhun JohnMidhun John
And if you're trying a custom object make sure to use the API name with (double underscore) ex: SELECT Name FROM Session__c WHERE Name!=null
Mohan BhamareMohan Bhamare
Thanks Midhun, I appreciate, ; semi-colon was causing the issue.
jon Jon Snowjon Jon Snow
Thank you for sharing the issue you're facing with the queries in the Developer Console. As a new user, I understand how frustrating it can be when encountering errors despite following the same steps (https://sigmagame.download/) as your colleague. I appreciate your thoroughness in checking for any mistakes. To resolve the issue, I suggest ensuring that you have the latest updates and verifying the correctness of your query syntax. If the problem continues, it would be helpful to seek assistance from the community or support team who can provide more specific guidance.