function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Phani Pydimarry 4Phani Pydimarry 4 

Compare two dates in two different months with a time frame on Salesforce

I have a scenario where I have two Dates on Account.
Our partners move up to a level above if they buy a product in this month. But the data coming to us shows they moved up in the next month (1st to 10th) as they are processed in this time frame.
For Example
Date1: Joining Date Say 5/12/2017 MovedupDate: Moved up date Say 4/1/2018
I would like to create a flag on Account which say if the Partner moved up to a level within the same Month or the next month 1st to 10th it would come up as 'YES' or '1'. Please help me with a solution to accomplish this. My first thoughts are Process builder.
Best Answer chosen by Phani Pydimarry 4
Saravana Muthu 8Saravana Muthu 8
Please use this one.

Data TypeFormula  
AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c ) = YEAR( Joining_date__c),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = MONTH( Joining_date__c)) 

|| 

AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c) = YEAR( Joining_date__c ),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = (MONTH( Joining_date__c)+1),DAY(Movedup_date__c) <= 10) 
|| 
AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c) = (YEAR( Joining_date__c)+1),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = (MONTH( Joining_date__c)-11),DAY(Movedup_date__c) <= 10)

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Saravana

All Answers

Hi,

You can create a formula checkbox if the moved up date is within the same month.

AND(YEAR( Moved up date) = YEAR( Joining Date),MONTH( Moved up date ) = MONTH( Joining Date ))

Please let me know if it helps.

Please don't forget to mark this as solved if it's resolved.

Thanks,
Saravana
Thanks but the moved up date is 10 days of next month.. Example if the joining date is 5/12/17 the moved up date is 4/1/18

Thanks
Please use the below formula.

AND(YEAR( Moved up date) = YEAR( Joining Date),MONTH( Moved up date ) = MONTH( Joining Date ))
|| 

AND(YEAR( Moved up date ) = YEAR( Joining Date ),MONTH( Moved up date ) <> MONTH( Joining Date ),DAY(Moved up date) <= 10)

Thanks,
Saravana
Thanks so much @saravana 
Hi Saravana... The flag is also considering Move Ups for next to next month. For example People who joined in October and move up within 10 days of December was also considered 
Can you please explain with a date?

Thanks,
Saravana
Please use the below formula and let me know if it works.

|| 

AND(YEAR( Moved up date ) = YEAR( Joining Date ),MONTH( Moved up date ) = MONTH( Joining Date )+1,DAY(Moved up date) <= 10)

Thanks,
Saravana
Expected Result
If the Partner enrolled in 10/10/2017 and Moved up in 10/11/2017 (or from 1 to 10 of November) then the flag should be Yes

Preseant Result 

If the Partner enrolled in 10/10/2017 and Moved up in 10/12/2017 the result is showing up as True but this should not be the case

Thanks for coming back
I am still getting the December data I am afraid. 
Hi,

Sorry slight changes in the formula use this one.

Data TypeFormula  
AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c ) = YEAR( Joining_date__c),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = MONTH( Joining_date__c)) 

|| 

AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c) = YEAR( Joining_date__c ),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = (MONTH( Joining_date__c)+1),DAY(Movedup_date__c) <= 10)

Thanks,
Saravana
Please let me know if it works for you.

Thanks,
Saravana
Hi this logic is jumping +1. For example If the joining date is in October, it ignores November and Jumps to December I am afraid. 
Can you please provide the formula you have used in your org formula field?

Thanks,
Saravana
AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) = YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c),MONTH( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = MONTH( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c )) 
|| AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c ),MONTH( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) <> (MONTH(Enrollment_Date_Formula__c)+1),DAY(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) <= 10)
Hi,

You have used <> which is not equals to but I have checkrd if both month are equals.
Changed formula.

AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) = YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c),MONTH( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = MONTH( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c )) 
|| AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c ),MONTH(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = (MONTH(Enrollment_Date_Formula__c)+1),DAY(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) <= 10) 

Let me know if it works as you expected.

Thanks,
Saravana
Hi,

You have used <> which is not equals to but I have checked if both month are equals.

Changed formula.

|| AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c ),MONTH(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = (MONTH(Enrollment_Date_Formula__c)+1),DAY(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) <= 10) 

Let me know if it works as you expected.

Thanks,
Saravana
Perfect Sir.. Thank you somuch
I should have paid some attention to detail.. I was always excluding the next month.. Ahh well this is an experience. Thanks
Well sorry to bother you again, As I run the SOQL for December, I see there is no data for people moved up in January.. Do you think the above logic has something to do with Year?
I have explained the formula with how the value get calculated.

Please see below.

Assistant supervisor date - 10-10-2017 (10-Oct-2017)
Enrolment Date  - 10-11-2017 (10-Nov-2017)

Formula

Explanation:

AND(Year(2017=2017),Month(10=10))
||
AND(Year(2017=2017),Month(11=(10+1),10<=10)

Thanks,
Saravana
If I have the below dates

Assistant supervisor date - 10-12-2017 (10-Oct-2017)
Enrolment Date  - 10-01-2018 (10-Nov-2017)

AND(Year(2017=2017),Month(12=12))
||
AND(Year(2017=2017),Month(11=(10+1),10<=10) ----- How would this work?
How can I add a Year to this data? 

Please ignore the SOQL, I am querying in Workbench for the data.. all I am saying is if it is december how can we get this to the previous year?
I added this AND(YEAR( Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = (YEAR( Enrollment_Date_Formula__c )+1),MONTH(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c ) = (MONTH(Enrollment_Date_Formula__c)+1),DAY(Assistant_Supervisor_Date__c) <= 10) tot he Query above
Please use this one.

Data TypeFormula  

|| 

|| 
AND(YEAR( Movedup_date__c) = (YEAR( Joining_date__c)+1),MONTH(Movedup_date__c ) = (MONTH( Joining_date__c)-11),DAY(Movedup_date__c) <= 10)

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks,
Saravana
This was selected as the best answer
Sorry I can't able to understand. Can you please explain?

Thanks,
Saravana