function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ola BamideleOla Bamidele 

Form on Site looks different to on Visualforce Preview

Hi Gurus, 

I have created a Visualforce form to save entry into Salesforce from a Site. On the Visualforce preview, the form loads and goes to the seond page correctly however from the Site, some of the fields are not showing even though it the very same Visualforce page. 

At this point im confused as I dont know why the same VF page looks different and doesnt go to the second on the Site but works perfectly when I clicked Preview on the VF developer page. 

Please if anyone know if I have missed something or a way I can make the Site form the same as the preview on the VF page, please let me know, thanks very much!
David M. ReedDavid M. Reed
I would be prepared to wager that this is a permissions issue - the Site's user's profile doesn't have rights to view the missing fields. It's hard to figure without seeing the code, however.
You need to edit the Object Settings on the profile to include all of the fields and objects that you need to display.
You should not need to change the "Permission Create Deal Approvals" permission to get your fields to display. You need to change the Object permission settings for the objects and fields you are showing on your page only. If you're not familiar with using profiles to control field-level security, I recommend this Trailhead module (https://trailhead.salesforce.com/en/modules/data_security/units/data_security_fields).