function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujit KarandeSujit Karande 

Auto populate picklist fiels in related list depend on opportunity picklist field

Hello everyone,

I have picklist field in opportunity object named Region having values India, America.

User-added image

And I have related list in opportunity called Additional Approval 

User-added image

In additional approval layout, I have a field called Billing Queue with values India Billing Queue, America Billing Queue, England Billing Queue

And I am trying to Auto-populate Billing Queue picklist depend on the value of Region..

For eg. If Region in opportunity is India, then Billing Queue value should populate with India Billing Queue and so on for America and England

User-added image

Any help or suggestion will be really appreciated
Gururaj BGururaj B
Hi Sujit,
You can create a process builder on Opportunity object when the record is updated. Assuming "AdditionalApproval" is your relationship name on the lookup. Please mark as best answer if this solution works for you.

on the criteria add "the formula evalutes to true" as
 ISCHANGED([Opportunity].Region) && ISPICKVAL([Opportunity].Region , 'India') 
on immediate action add the update record action with record = [Opportunity].AdditionalApproval
update the field with "No criteria-just update the record" field "Billing Queue" = "India Billing Queue"

on FALSE

on the next criteria add "the formula evalutes to true" as
 ISCHANGED([Opportunity].Region) && ISPICKVAL([Opportunity].Region , 'America') 
on immediate action add the update record action with record = [Opportunity].AdditionalApproval
update the field with "No criteria-just update the record" field "Billing Queue" = "America Billing Queue"

on FALSE

on the criteria add "the formula evalutes to true" as
 ISCHANGED([Opportunity].Region) && ISPICKVAL([Opportunity].Region , 'England') 
update the field with "No criteria-just update the record" field "Billing Queue" = "England Billing Queue"