function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Emily MacLoudEmily MacLoud 

Updated contact record showing error message relating to a previous (now hidden) field

We have updated the page layout of a Contact Record type. However, when adding new items to old contact records, it shows an error message that we must update the old field (cannot see the field on the new record type). Can someone please help?
Raghu RamanujamRaghu Ramanujam

Hi Emily,

Is there any validation rule on that old field ?
What is the error message ?

Thanks,

Raghu

Emily MacLoudEmily MacLoud
Dear Raghu Thanks so much for getting back to me. Yes, we did have validation rule of the old field. The error message reads: Error:Please select a Preferred Email (Related field: Preferred Email). I think I have worked out that I need to turn off the validation rule. Thank you! Best wishes Emily Emily MacLoud Head of Casework image001Bar Pro Bono Unit, The National Pro Bono Centre, 48 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JF DX : 188 London Chancery Lane Direct Line: 020 7092 3409 Website: www.BarProBono.org.uk Registered Charity Number: 1057620 The information in this email and any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately.