function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sujit KarandeSujit Karande 

Formula field in related list

Hi, 

I have custom object in related list in Opportunity.

In Opportunity, I have picklict field named Region with values INDIA, UK, US

And depend on the region value, I want to show the value in formula field in related list.

For rg : If region is INDIA, the formmula field say State = Maharashtra

How should I do that?
Best Answer chosen by Sujit Karande
Yuvaraj mayilsamy 9Yuvaraj mayilsamy 9
Hi Sujit,

I understood from your post that in your Custom object you have lookup or master realtionship to opportunity. And if the region field in opportunity object changes then the formula field in custom object should have the appropriate value. Go and paste the below formula in your formula filed in your custom object.

IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'India'), 'Maharashtra', IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'US'), 'Florida',  IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'UK'), 'Liverpool', '') ) )

Please mark this as the best answer if it solves your question.

Yuvaraj

All Answers

Yuvaraj mayilsamy 9Yuvaraj mayilsamy 9
Hi Sujit,

I understood from your post that in your Custom object you have lookup or master realtionship to opportunity. And if the region field in opportunity object changes then the formula field in custom object should have the appropriate value. Go and paste the below formula in your formula filed in your custom object.

IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'India'), 'Maharashtra', IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'US'), 'Florida',  IF(ISPICKVAL(Opportunity__r.region__c, 'UK'), 'Liverpool', '') ) )

Please mark this as the best answer if it solves your question.

Yuvaraj
This was selected as the best answer
Sujit KarandeSujit Karande
You are amazing,,,, Yuvaraj !!!

It works like a charm.

I appreciated your help. Thank you!