function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kel HillKel Hill 

How to add days to a given date

I have a field in which the user records a target date. I need a new field which takes that date entered by the user and shows a set number of days added to that date. Thanks for any help!
Best Answer chosen by Kel Hill
Jainam ContractorJainam Contractor
Hi Kel,

You can create one Formula field on Opportunity object and apply the formula as : CloseDate + 60
and bring that formula on the page layout so you would be able to get your requirement complete. Can you please try and let me know if it solves your purpose. 
Please mark this answer as closed by marking it as the solution if it solves your purpose.

Thanks, 
Jainam Contractor, 
Salesforce Consultant, 
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com

All Answers

Hi Kel,

Can you please provide some more details.

You want to add days to the Date entered by the User..??? How many days you want to add..??

Please provide some more details so that i can assist you accordingly.

Thanks,
Jainam Contractor,
Salesforce Consultant,
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com
Kel HillKel Hill
Thanks, Jainam.

The starting date entered by the user is the Close Date field in the Opportunity record.
I want another field that takes the date they entered as the Close Date and adds 60 days to that date.

Perhaps you can also help me with the report I am also trying to create.
We are currently using an Opportunity report to develop a forecast based on anticipated Close Dates.
We have Setup Fees that take effect when the Opportunity closes and then we have Monthly Recurring Fees after Setup has occurred.
Our average Setup time is 60 days.

I need the 60 days added to the Close Date, as I am hoping to create a Forecast report that shows Setup Fees collected upon the Close Date and Monthly Recurring Fees that start 60 days after the Close Date. 
Roman RiabenskyiRoman Riabenskyi
Hello Kel!
Does this formula fit your requirements? 
CloseDate + 60

Hi Kel,

You can create one Formula field on Opportunity object and apply the formula as : CloseDate + 60
and bring that formula on the page layout so you would be able to get your requirement complete. Can you please try and let me know if it solves your purpose. 
Please mark this answer as closed by marking it as the solution if it solves your purpose.

Thanks, 
Jainam Contractor, 
Salesforce Consultant, 
Varasi LLC
www.varasi.com

This was selected as the best answer
Kel HillKel Hill
Is there an equally simple way to use a formula to change only the month of the date ahead by 2 months, rather than adding 60 days, so that the day number does not vary because months contain differing numbers of days? e.g. If I start with January 15, I want the result to be March 15. Is that easy to do with a formula?
Kel HillKel Hill
PS Every time I add a comment in this thread I get a 503 error, but my comment still shows up.