function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ArunaAruna 

Develop vf page lighting friendly in classic version

Hello,

We do have salesforce classic right now. in future, we are going to roll out to lighting.
the visual force pages whatever I am going to develop in classic version should be lighting friendly i,e, when we roll out to lighting the vf page, should not give any issue.
my question is when I am developing vf page in the classic version is it enough to use  lightningStylesheets="true" or should I develop vf page using lighting API.
Can anyone please guide how can develop vf page in a classic which can be used both in classic and lighting.

If I need to develop using lighting API, please give some example 
the page should display table formate  account records with checkboxes and sortable header's

PrabhaPrabha
Very valid question, but our answers cannot assure you 100%, here is what I would do, I will implement the style attribute as you mentioned and also, add one more tag  <apex:includeLightning />, and Finally, Create a sandbox and enable lightning in that sanbox, check and seeevery page. I am sure you might run into truble where there are URL references, JS methods and lookup handling etc.
I find this helpful as well: https://www.slideshare.net/developerforce/lightning-experience-with-visualforce-best-practices

Please also share your fuindings here, it helps everyone.

PrabhaN