function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sreenivasAppssreenivasApps 

you do not have permission to do this on quick action

Hi Team,

I have created a quick action on Case. When it is clicked i am creating a case of a record type. It is working fine in Sandbox but in Production it is throwing error "you don't have permission to do this" for a user. Working fine for Administrator in Prod.

i checked object level permissions, field level permissions but could not find the problem.

v varaprasadv varaprasad
Hi Sreenivas

It basically depends on the type of quick action, this could be one of a few things what i think of:
it's a "Create a Record" quick action, make sure that the xyz profile has CRUD to create or edit the child object record.
If the quick action is associated with a specific record type, make sure that the xyz profile has access to the record type.

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p300000008YNuAAM

Hope this helps you!

Thanks
Varaprasad
For Support: varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com (mailto:varaprasad4sfdc@gmail.com )

sreenivasAppssreenivasApps
Hi Varaprasad, thanks for ur reply.
Profile has read, create and edit permissions on object, field permissions but it is throwing the error.
v varaprasadv varaprasad
make sure that your profile has access to the record type or not?

Francois Pomport - PrimaryFrancois Pomport - Primary
Hi Sreenivas, Varaprasad,
I have the same issue when creating a new Opportunity although the profile has read, create and edit permission. I can perform the action without any problem directly from the Account page layout. So why I have this "you don't have permission to do this" error?
meena tondurmeena tondur
We had the same issue with the specific profile users when they try to click on a quick action on workorder, The fix was adding those users in to the public gruop and in the sharing settings adding the rule like if the recordtype is xyz share with that public group, did this for both workorder and its parent Account.